Why not Dan Gable for AD

BILLBUCKNER

Is it because he could not stomach kissing Big donors @SSES or is the administration afraid he would demand winning and accountability from all his programs.

I don't see Gable as wanting to put up with all the politics and bullsheet. Gable is a decisive, aggressive person. He could probably be a great AD but he might have to reign in his natural instincts and why do this at 67 years old.

I don't know much about what it takes to be an AD but I can speculate. I think that one of the largest roles here is to get the right coaches in place and then get out of the way and let them coach. You have to make sure that the compliance apparatus is in place. You have to raise money and be accountable for the budget. Fund raising is an art and not everyone can do it well. Next budget management requires choosing among competing priorities. Vendor and contract management. In all of this there is brand / image management.

This would not be an easy job. Being a successful coach is not necessarily going to make you a successful AD.

who we really need is Jamie Pollard. That guy is building some great momentum up in Ames.

who we really need is Jamie Pollard. That guy is building some great momentum up in Ames.

Jamie Pollard is a neo-maxi-zoom-dweebie, but he's been walking into Gary Barta's kitchen and eating his lunch on a regular basis, and Sally Mason seems to be perfectly fine with it.

It's amazing what he's done in year six of the football program. Of course cyfans are ok with that but think Fran is a failure with what he's done going into year five.

nowadays being an AD is about the same as being a politician. That being said I'd love to see Gable be AD for a day, put Ferentz in a choke hold and tell him "fire greg davis and keep your nose out of the offense or I'll finish you". Same thing to mason and barta about tailgating.

An AD is, in order of importance:

Fundraiser
Facilities builder
Glad hander
Guy who hires coaches, frequently via a search firm

Maybe a guy like Gable could be an AD and have a deputy AD (that guy we hired from NDSU) do most of the stuff on that list. But doubtful.

Jamie Pollard is a neo-maxi-zoom-dweebie, but he's been walking into Gary Barta's kitchen and eating his lunch on a regular basis, and Sally Mason seems to be perfectly fine with it.

I you re going to quote sixteen candles you WILL get a thumbs up from me.

The liberal heads of the university would never be able to handle his no nonsense way to get things done. Could you imagine Sally dealing with a win with no excuse mentality? The Board of Regents would never allow it.

Latest posts