Why Iowa, ISU and NI Should Not Play Each Other

jameskalina

I intend to detail this subject tomorrow. But, to summarize Northern Iowa is the only sure winner of the deal.

Also, when Iowa and Iowa State play each other there is 100% chance of one team having one more loss on their schedule that could either eliminate that team from a possible bowl game or reduces that team to a lesser bowl (net loss in dollars compared to any gains by playing each other).

Next year Iowa plays Northern Iowa and Iowa State. Imagine what two losses would do to Iowa's bowl chances (and I assure you Northern Iowa and Iowa State will be pulling out all stops to beat the Hawks next year).

Except for Northern Iowa, it's not a good idea for division 1 Iowa instate schools to play each other.

I intend to detail this subject tomorrow. But, to summarize Northern Iowa is the only sure winner of the deal.

Also, when Iowa and Iowa State play each other there is 100% chance of one team having one more loss on their schedule that could either eliminate that team from a possible bowl game or reduces that team to a lesser bowl (net loss in dollars compared to any gains by playing each other).

Next year Iowa plays Northern Iowa and Iowa State. Imagine what two losses would do to Iowa's bowl chances (and I assure you Northern Iowa and Iowa State will be pulling out all stops to beat the Hawks next year).

Except for Northern Iowa, it's not a good idea for division 1 Iowa instate schools to play each other.

Yeah! **** rivalries and history. College football is all about bowls and money!

I would rather play ISU than UNI ... Playing UNI does little for us ... It's not like we can play them in the UNI Dome. They will always come to our house ... It's a rivalry ... as much as we may hate losing to ISU, it is a rivalry and the two schools should play each other. In a state with a small population and no professional teams, it only makes sense for us to play each other -- as Michigan/Michigan State, etc., do as well. If we win the game yesterday I think this thread, and others like it, don't even pop up ...

Have you always thought this, or just after a loss and looking out for the well-being of the Hawks?

Cmon, if Iowa loses to UNI and ISU then they dont deserve to be in a bowl

Cant wait for all the details to prove me wrong tomorrow!

Cmon, if Iowa loses to UNI and ISU then they dont deserve to be in a bowl

Cant wait for all the details to prove me wrong tomorrow!

Over 50% of BCS teams go to bowl games. The overlap between BSC and PCS teams is significant. It's not uncommon for an upper tier PCS team to "upset" a middle tier BCS team. As we all know, a top 10 PCS team can, on ocassion, beat a top 25 BCS team.

The risks of a decent or better BCS team playing a very good PCS team is significant in regards to adding a loss to the record and either resulting in a lesser bowl or no bowl.

Last edited:
Over 50% of BCS teams go to bowl games. The overlap between BSC and PCS teams is significant. It's not uncommon for an upper tier PCS team to "upset" a middle tier BCS team. As we all know, a top 10 PCS team can, on ocassion, beat a top 25 BCS team.

The risks of a decent or better BCS team playing a very good PCS team is significant in regards to adding a loss to the record and either resulting in a lesser bowl or no bowl.

That's the "details" we were all so eagerly anticipating?

This thread - now more disappointing than the Hawkeye performance against ISU?

If Iowa loses to ISU and UNI they are not playing in any bowl that matters to the spoiled, delusional Hawk fans.

Latest posts