Why Iowa has been losing

It is very simple to figure out why Iowa has been losing. It is because the offense is so vanilla that anyone can figure out what KOK is going to do next. Lets face it I do not believe that KOK will be fired anytime soon, but it is no secret that his coaching does not allow players like Adam Robinson, Ricky Stanzi, Marvin McNutt, or DJK, and so on to play at their highest level. They have all had good seasons because they are all highly talented and can do great in a average offensive system. I guarantee that if KOK knew how to run the best offense we would not be sitting at 7-4 but 10-1 or even 11-0 and that is also if Norm Parker would switch up coverages at the end of the game to stop offenses from winning on the last drive.

I'm glad you started a thread about this instead of just posting something in one of the other 3,000 covering this issue much better than this post did.

I'm going to soften my act and not criticize this post in any way:). The post is fine. I really have no problem with people criticizing the coaches. The players -- I have a problem with that.

I will, however, gently point out that Norm Parker has not had anything to do with gameplans or on the field adjustments since the Iowa State game.

He is having serious health issues and his role is extremely limited.

You can't blame (or credit) him this year for the defensive schemes or adjustments. He has been a complete non-factor. That is probably part of the problem.

Great Post, Kirk has a tremendous program. The player development is the greatest in the country. I don't expect KF to be perfect but the statistics just stand out especially this year. I don't want any coach fired but I believe it wood be good for KF at the end of the season address the shortcomings and what the coaches can do to increase performance.

Latest posts