Why Get Upset?

Enjoy the 9,10, 11 win seasons and little trinkets that come with them and accept the fact this staff will never compete for a national championship. When you have been in place for 10+ years and you still lose 1+ games per year due to special teams play and 1+ game per year due to poor game management, it's just not going to happen. I have accepted this! The thing that bugs me is the fact this staff is still paid like they are capable of a top 3 finish some day. They are not........

Enjoy the 9,10, 11 win seasons and little trinkets that come with them and accept the fact this staff will never compete for a national championship. When you have been in place for 10+ years and you still lose 1+ games per year due to special teams play and 1+ game per year due to poor game management, it's just not going to happen. I have accepted this! The thing that bugs me is the fact this staff is still paid like they are capable of a top 3 finish some day. They are not........

The thing that hurts is that we are all believers. I believed, I liked that we were part of the talk, part of the "picture". Silly me.....But, even after today's farce, we have someone talking posting about NC.

lol AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAh the sky is falling! seriously... we didn't play well today. but for real, let's concentrate on beating MSU next week. that's should be the only concern right now.

I completely concur with the OP. I just want Iowa to win a national championship before I die. I'm only 28 and I highly doubt it will ever happen. The end of this game reminded me a lot of the LSU game in '04. The game was poorly coached in the end and unfortunatley we didn't have the same luck this time around.

lol AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAh the sky is falling! seriously... we didn't play well today. but for real, let's concentrate on beating MSU next week. that's should be the only concern right now.

With all due respect Plano we are in meltdown mode, do not call in the fire engines...

I don't expect Iowa to compete for NCs but winning a B10 title should be realistic from time to time.

It is there for this team last year and they didn't get it done. Great team, just not a B10 champ.

This year everything was in place but for whatever reason defense & SP have not stepped up. In fact they've stepped down.

Until they have 2 losses, they are still in it (B10) but they are going to have a difficult time in their next 4 games.

He isn't saying that we suck. It's just the acknowledgement that we will never be national champions. Big Ten champs is a decent goal but it's pretty worthless in the eyes of national championships...and in case you didn't know other than the UPI poll in 58' we have none of those!

With all due respect Plano we are in meltdown mode, do not call in the fire engines...
Like I said, there is no reason to meltdown. This staff is made up of really wonderful people who are 10's when it comes to coaching up talent. They put an entertaining product on the field most every season, compete hard and graduate their players but will never win it all. Accept this and move on......

Latest posts