Why did Purdue

steamer8

get possesion (sp)of the ball when the ball got stuck between the backboard and the backboard support? It was clearly last touched by a Purdue player ( Gillis I think) from what I saw.

If you're talking about the backboard support above the backboard, then I have no idea.

If it's the backboard and the rim, I believe the college rule is that it goes to the possession arrow.

In both cases in HS/JH, it's also considered a tie up. Instead of going to the possession arrow, they take the last player that touched it and the defender closest to him and give it to the player with the hottest mom. It's also how I decide who plays. It earns you brownie points if they play a lot or it gets them upset and they get in your face and yell shake. It's a win-win. Wait, did you say something a backboard? ;)

The ball went over the top of the backboard and got stuck behind the backboard at the top of the backboard between there and support. Edey came out and knocked the ball out with a mop handle. Just thought i would clarify better what happened. In response to the last part of your reply.....LOL

Latest posts