Who's going to bowl game this year?

I think I'm definitely going this year.....especially if its Pasadena.

Debating the charter option versus doing everything myself right now. Will be nice to see the pricing options once the destination site is determined. My fiance may not be able to go (work), so if its just me, not sure how I will deal with that. Most of my buds are just getting out of school and are flat broke, so they wont have 1k+ to burn on this trip.

Ive always gotten bowl tix (outback and cap1) from stub hub in the past. Hate sitting in the endzone so I've avoided the university sold tickets.....but Ive had to sit around Florida fans (twice) and LSU fans at the last 3 bowl games I went to. Had great seats....but was on an island so to speak. Might get the tickets through the university this year though.

Usually my wife has to work around that time (accountant). This year will have a better schedule, so we are planning on going. Probably do the charter, might as well do it up right since it will be our first bowl game. I think we will be going to whatever the Hawks qualifiy for.

Going with about twelve friends, we plan on soaking up the sun wherever we end up, and cheering on our Hawks to victory!

Ah...yea. Will definitely be there. Already blocked vacation days long ago and will be there, no matter where it's at. Have been at every Hawkeye bowl game since the Orange Bowl after the 2002 season.

Definitely going (for first time!). Decided that at 6-0 ... now the bowl game just keeps getting better and better. Will probably opt for the Miller package - heard great things about it.

Don't want to rain on anyones parade, but I'll bet when the figures come in, the cost per person on any charter will be $2,300-$2,500. Factor in food,drink and any incidentals, you're prolly talking 2.500-2700, minimum per person for only 3 full days and 4 nights. I'm not sure I can justify spending that much.

Usually my wife has to work around that time (accountant). This year will have a better schedule, so we are planning on going. Probably do the charter, might as well do it up right since it will be our first bowl game. I think we will be going to whatever the Hawks qualifiy for.

I'm an accountant too, and bowl season couldn't really come at a worse time (at least the good bowls, Jan 1 and after). Having said that, if we make it to the Rose Bowl, the way the New Year's Day weekend falls this year might be our (my wife and I) best chance.

If we somehow find our way into the NC game, god help me. I don't know how I am going to swing a Thursday night game in Pasadena in the middle of year end!

I am going if it is in Pasedena, whatever date it may be. It all depends on who goes and pricing on the route i take. The wife doesn't really want to go.

Don't want to rain on anyones parade, but I'll bet when the figures come in, the cost per person on any charter will be $2,300-$2,500. Factor in food,drink and any incidentals, you're prolly talking 2.500-2700, minimum per person for only 3 full days and 4 nights. I'm not sure I can justify spending that much.

Thats the down side of the charter route.

I was looking at plane tickets to Burbank, out of des moines and CR, and everything was around 500 per ticket right now (orbitz).

I am going if it is in Pasedena, whatever date it may be. It all depends on who goes and pricing on the route i take. The wife doesn't really want to go.

I'm in the same boat with the wife man. She kinda wants to go....but not really. Saves me a couple grand but I will need to contact some friends to see if I can jump in with them for the trip now.

My wife has only been a Hawk fan for the last 10 years, ever since she met me. When I told that seasons like this don't come around too often for the Hawks. She said "we better go to the bowl game then". I got a keeper!

4 of us going to Pasadena for Rose bowl - 2 of us to the game - wives will stay on beach. Any other bowl, not sure.

I haven't missed a bowl game since 2003 season. Things are certianly higher in Pasadena than anywhere else. I'll prob. still go.

Latest posts