Who will have the bigger year DJK or Marvin McNutt

DJK had 750 yards last year and McNutt had 674

DJK will again lead in yards and receptions. McNutt will have more touchdowns again. DJK is the big-play threat (though McNutt has that ability as well), and he's going to leave as our all-time leading receiver. He will rack up yards, probably in the 850-950 range. McNutt will be around 800, with 10+ TD's.

I will go with McNutt. He has two years left and I think he could end up being the best WR of the Ferentz era, due to his great size and hands.

Last edited:
unfortunately I think if McNutt has a good to great year, he may declare after next season.

I highly doubt it. We don't have a particularly great history with WR's in the NFL, so he's battling perception. And he's not going to put up the numbers than a Jordan Shipley does. Plus, I think he knows that he's got a tremendous amount of potential. He would be better served staying for 4 years. Especially since this year's class will likely be loaded (Julio Jones, A.J. Green, Broyles from OU, Floyd from ND are all underclassmen who will likely declare, Nick Toon of Wisconsin and DeVier Posey of OSU could go early, plus seniors Terrance Tolliver from LSU and DJK. This is being heralded as potentially the greatest class of WR's ever.).

I think DJK will have the bigger year if you are talking total yards but McNutt won't be far behind. In TD's McNutt will have more because, like others have said, his size makes him a nice target in the end zone.

If he has that kind of year, it won't be unfortunate.

For him to make it worth leaving, considering next year's class of WR's, he's going to have to catch 70+ balls for 1200+ yards and 10+ TD's. I don't see that happening in this offense with DJK on the other side of the field, plus Keenan Davis and Colin Sandeman. McNutt won't have a big enough year to crack next year's crop of receivers. With that group, he'd be a 3rd rounder at best without putting up ridiculous numbers. That's not worth it, especially when he's got a ton more potential.

I hope it comes down to the very last game of the season to determine the winner in this discussion, because it will mean very VERY good things for the Iowa Hawkeyes!

By the way, I think it will be pretty even again.

McNutt.
But I think Davis has a breakout year and outdoes them both. Going out on a limb with this, but this kid is supposedly a stud. I think we see it this year.

McNutt. I saw what he could do last year. He's very capable of having a very big year.

DJK will also have a great year.

That said, McNutt will edge out DJK, IMO.

Marvin. He finna be scary good. Softest hands on the team, deceptively fast, smooth and fluid, smart, and a Soup disciple.

I think DJK is wicked talented, but he's headstrong and moody. Still not sure he's drinking team Kool-Aid.

Marvin. He finna be scary good. Softest hands on the team, deceptively fast, smooth and fluid, smart, and a Soup disciple.

I think DJK is wicked talented, but he's headstrong and moody. Still not sure he's drinking team Kool-Aid.

You don't often find someone who can successfully use the word "finna" in a sentence, but you NAILED it!

:p

Latest posts