Who was the better team?

HawkeyeTech

Iowa was the better team. Unfortunately, and I know all you holier-than-thou posters will tell me to quit blaming the officials, but if not for Izzo taking the refs aside and telling them how to call the game, Iowa wins. If you saw something different I feel sorry for you. MSU in the double bonus in the 2nd half, Iowa never even to 1 and 1. MSU played from 10 back most of the 2nd half. Iowa didn't play great in the 2nd half, I get it. But they still played well enough to win with balanced officiating. Did you think Basabe got fouled on Nix's 'block'? How about McCabe on the steal. Did he foul? Momentum changers in both cases. I'm surprised McCaffrey didn't get a T. I know I would have.

I agree with Herkey. As much as it pains me to say it, the better team was the team that didn't mentally collapse and let the officiating distract them from the only thing that mattered...defending that lead. We can blame officiating all we want, but the fact was it was the mental mistakes like turnovers and allowng uncontested dunk after uncontested dunk, that ultimately cost of the game. If "the better team" would have kept their heads in it and continued to fight rather than letting the officiating get the best of them, then we'd be on here discussing how the officiating almost cost us the game and we'd be getting ready for a battle aganst OSU tomorrow night. Unfortunately the better team was the one that mentally continued to stay in the fight.

No Michigan State is better, our top level talent can't match up with theirs. The gap is getting ever smaller though.

I guess MSU. But for more than 3/4 of the game, it was Iowa. Mark my words Iowa will serve up a butt kicking to them next season.

Omgz ten res affected the game. They caused 19 turnovers, they made Clemons into an apple turnover in the second half, they hit Gessel in the foot with a crowbar before teh game, they didn't score for 7 min in the second half...

I'll agree with you that the refs caused a lot of those 19 turnovers. Pretty easy to play tough defense when it's being called like that. At least it was being called like that for MSU. Not Iowa, though.

Latest posts