who is Iowa's fastest LB?

I'm going to guess that it's Nielsen. Norm has said that Nielsen is even faster than Edds was. That tells me all I need to know on that front.

Who cares? The coaches will put the best player on the field. Speed is important, but there is more to playing football than speed. Why not ask which linebacker is best in coverage, best sheds blocks, or knows his assigments the best.

If Morris is by far and away the fastest linebacker, why would he be the fifth string middle linebacker if Davis was healthy. Obviously, his deficiencies in all other areas does not overcome his superior speed. Another thing, he probably is the weakest of the middle linebackers.

Who is the strongest of the linebackers would be a more relevant question.

Who cares? The coaches will put the best player on the field. Speed is important, but there is more to playing football than speed. Why not ask which linebacker is best in coverage, best sheds blocks, or knows his assigments the best.

If Morris is by far and away the fastest linebacker, why would he be the fifth string middle linebacker if Davis was healthy. Obviously, his deficiencies in all other areas does not overcome his superior speed. Another thing, he probably is the weakest of the middle linebackers.

Who is the strongest of the linebackers would be a more relevant question.

Calm down man. OP was just asking who was the fastest. He didn't say anything about it making them the best. And I honestly think that Morris is better than Davis and will be starting next year at MLB.

Morris isn't even the fastest freshman linebacker. According to Rivals Kirksey runs a 4.5 forty. Morris runs a 4.6 forty.

According to Rivals the three fastest linebackers are Nielsen, Tillison and Kirksey at 4.5 fortys.

Instead of asking a stupid question, why doesn't the OP do a little research and post the speeds of Iowa linebackers. If you ask any linebacker question somebody will say Morris "by far and away."

Morris isn't even the fastest freshman linebacker. According to Rivals Kirksey runs a 4.5 forty. Morris runs a 4.6 forty.

According to Rivals the three fastest linebackers are Nielsen, Tillison and Kirksey at 4.5 fortys.

Instead of asking a stupid question, why doesn't the OP do a little research and post the speeds of Iowa linebackers. If you ask any linebacker question somebody will say Morris "by far and away."

Yep those rivals 40 times are perfect since the same person records all of the 40s for every prospect. Maybe he was asking if someone close to the program had an idea, or what someones opinion was.

Dude - just curious about speed of linebackers - simple question. I happen to watch Oregon play on a weekly basis and the idea of speed is a hot topic out here.
Not sure it warrants the "stupid question" comment since I've seen worse on boards but thanks for your input.

Don't take it personally, Oregon. From looking at his past posts, he frequently calls posters and threads stupid. :(

Yes, those 40 times (with a 0.1 second difference) tell the whole story. There is no way differences in the timer, or even the fact that 40 speed =/= game speed could play a role... :rolleyes:

It was an entirely fair question, though perhaps the OP should have extended the question to allow for more debate and discussion. For example, why he thinks speed matters. Is it with regard to defending against the pass? Or the run? Or ability on special teams?

you are insane if you think morris is one of our worst Linebackers. 1. He is a freshman who has seen the field ( and not just on ST) , that says something right there. 2. high school honors - - Gatorade Player of the Year in Iowa as a junior and senior . . . three time first team all-state, including elite team selecton as a senior . . . three-time all-district selection . . named district offensive MVP as a sophomore, junior and senior..etc. He also was part of a team that won 41 straight games. With time to develop and add a few lbs, He will be a beast for us at LB.

There are so many point of FAIL here......I'm not sure where to start....

First, if it's a "stupid question" in your opinion, then close the freaking post and move on. Then again, I'm glad you posted so we could all see your douchebaggery first hand.

Second, since when is Rivals the be-all-end-all of 40 times? You just look plain stupid trying to quote Rivals when talking about our players' 40 times.

Maybe being in Columbus is rotting your brain or being around too many Buckeyes is causing a steep rise in your douchbagginess, but you just come off like a pompous @ss with that post.....

Tex is that you?

Do you think its stupid if I ask what the redshirting rules are? Also if everyone looked up everything before posting on HN there might be five threads all run by you of course.

I would say Nielson.

But that is just my guess/hunch.

Didn't he win the 400 (or 4x400 relay) at the state level? Anyone who can win that event has speed and guts. And he is not a small guy running that event, either.

I dont think it makes much difference. This may be the fastest group of LBs we've ever had.
Nielson
Tarp
Morris
Kirksey
Hunter
Those guys can get after it.

Dude - just curious about speed of linebackers - simple question. I happen to watch Oregon play on a weekly basis and the idea of speed is a hot topic out here.
Not sure it warrants the "stupid question" comment since I've seen worse on boards but thanks for your input.

Tell them to just tune in to an episode of Cops and find out for sure :)

Latest posts