Who do you think could play RB?

Hawkcrush

I know sash played in H.S. and was a stud. I just have a feeling Cato could get the job done I thought I also read that Hunter & Angerer may have played some Rb too. No that I actually expect that to happen, but its fun to speculate. If they need me I'll suit up they don't even have to give me a scholly or doesn't Greving have some eligability left?

Ha I was thinking the same thing myself, what if they put somebody unexpected in there? I sure hope they wouldn't consider a 1st team defense player, but Keenan Davis? That would be so strange to see a tall wide receiver back there. Do they not use converted wide receivers because of the high center of gravity thing?

Do they not use converted wide receivers because of the high center of gravity thing?

They don't use WR's because they are WR's. We have three guys in Wegher, O'Meara, and Rogers that at least know the system. I don't think you could just throw a guy in there to play and expect him to be able to have any idea what he was doing unless his only job was to take a hand-off. Then what would you be gaining...every time player X came into the game he was getting the ball. That wouldn't bode well for the offense.

I hope Rogers is somewhat ready...if for any reason Wegher can't give it 100% I wouldn't be surprised to see the redshirt pulled off early and him seeing some carries.

pretty sure Angerer never played running back... at least in varsity Highschool ball. Although unrealistic, it would be fun to see him out there though.

I would absolutely love to see Clayborn back there. No one and I mean absolutely no one could stop him. Jordan Cotton was a running back in high school. Kinda scary what kinda of situation we have on our hands right now.

If iowa had to find another running back or two from other positions on the field,

Jordan Cotton (HS RB), Micah Hyde come to mind. It won't happen but those would be my guess at who they look at first.

I agree, easily Adrian Clayborn. The most beastly man in all of the world. I heard he beat Chuck Norris..

Could? As in physically able, but just hypothetically* for the sake of this thread?

Start with Sash, David Cato, Bruce Davis, Tarpinian... Binns and Clayborn would be fun to watch lower the pads as well.

* Understanding that Paki and Wegher are the only choices right now as none of the players listed have any practice reps.

If iowa had to find another running back or two from other positions on the field,

Jordan Cotton (HS RB), Micah Hyde come to mind. It won't happen but those would be my guess at who they look at first.

Assuming that we really did have a surprise emergency running back, presumably it would almost have to be someone who already knows "who does what" on all of our offensive play calls. Therefore, it would seem to me it would need to be someone that is already practicing with our offense. Thus, it would most likely be someone who was currently a fullback, wide receiver, or tight end. And, probably someone who played in the backfield on their high school team.

So, assuming that for some reason neither Rogers nor Brown were ready to go, my emergency running backs would be: Morse, Leppert, DJK, and Jordan Cotton.

Latest posts