Who becomes the next head coach at Tennessee?

Probably also a reflection of how much his wife didnt like living there...its a different culture than the West Coast. Heck, it's like you need a passport to visit some parts of Tennessee.

His wife did go to Florida, so she should be familiar with the South...

Chizik to Auburn.

Chizik went from a doormat to a pretty solid SEC team, but that's a pretty good comparison. ISU to Auburn was a giant step up, but you could probably say that over the years that Tennessee and USC have been pretty comparable.

If he can get some of his recruits to go with him, combined with what USC has coming back.....watch out.

Chizik went from a doormat to a pretty solid SEC team, but that's a pretty good comparison. ISU to Auburn was a giant step up, but you could probably say that over the years that Tennessee and USC have been pretty comparable.

If he can get some of his recruits to go with him, combined with what USC has coming back.....watch out.

I'm talking about the back stabbing only...not comparing the apples to the oranges program staturewise.

Saban did just get a National Title at Alabama. Probably going to starting looking for a new job. Tennessee?

Steve Sperrier?

Honestly, David Cutcliff I think would be a good hire for Tennessee. He did pretty well for Duke this year and coached at Tennessee. Maybe go after the guy just down the road from Cutcliff, Butch Davis. Already a proven winner at Miami.

I'm talking about the back stabbing only...not comparing the apples to the oranges program staturewise.

Then yeah, it's pretty cold blooded. The NCAA should really look at coaches who do this sort of thing. When players transfer to another school, they're more or less breaking a contract - their LOI. Then they have to sit out a year, which doesn't really seem to make any sense or have any purpose.

However, a coach like Kiffin or Chizik can break his contract without any penalty whatsoever, and can decimate a program for years. Obviously that didn't happen at ISU as Rhoads won a bowl game with Chizik's players, but who knows what could happen to Tennessee now?

Then yeah, it's pretty cold blooded. The NCAA should really look at coaches who do this sort of thing. When players transfer to another school, they're more or less breaking a contract - their LOI. Then they have to sit out a year, which doesn't really seem to make any sense or have any purpose.

However, a coach like Kiffin or Chizik can break his contract without any penalty whatsoever, and can decimate a program for years. Obviously that didn't happen at ISU as Rhoads won a bowl game with Chizik's players, but who knows what could happen to Tennessee now?

Exactly...coaches can even leave behind a truckload of NCAA violations and sanctions and skate to another program with no penalty before the ink's even dry on the paperwork and yet the kids would have to jump through hoops to get out of their scholarship and sit out a year on top of it.

Exactly...coaches can even leave behind a truckload of NCAA violations and sanctions and skate to another program with no penalty before the ink's even dry on the paperwork and yet the kids would have to jump through hoops to get out of their scholarship and sit out a year on top of it.

If that's the case, I hope the NCAA drops the hammer on USC. Hard.

If that's the case, I hope the NCAA drops the hammer on USC. Hard.

How poetic would the justice be if Kiffin signs on the dotted line, then BAM...the NCAA cuts their scholarships by 10 for 4 years and puts them on probation for those 4 years AND slaps them with a 2 year ban on bowl games...

Are you kidding me? ISU to Auburn, and TN to USC is not even something you should have to think about. I supose your down on Kelly to the dommers too? Crappy and backhanded? YES! can you blame any of them? heck no.....dream jobs....

How poetic would the justice be if Kiffin signs on the dotted line, then BAM...the NCAA cuts their scholarships by 10 for 4 years and puts them on probation for those 4 years AND slaps them with a 2 year ban on bowl games...

Are you naive enough to really believe something even close to this will happen?

Latest posts