Who are the RS Freshman receivers to replace KMM and Willies next year

uihawk82

I want to look at the positive here. We lose a lot of catches with KMM and potential with Willies leaving.

Who are the RS freshman for next year and what has anyone heard about them during their august camp and during this year's practices?

Do we have in incoming freshman receiver who might be able to play next year?

A true freshman walk on from Montana that had an offer from D-III NW Bihamijji St. Lighting it up in practice and can really block.

Iowa has too many receivers in the rotation. Nobody gets more than about 2 or 3 catches a game. Nobody gets lathered up. Nobody gets in the flow of the game. Nobody has a chance to get the meaningful game reps that produce a mature ball player. It just sux.

Iowa has too many receivers in the rotation. Nobody gets more than about 2 or 3 catches a game. Nobody gets lathered up. Nobody gets in the flow of the game. Nobody has a chance to get the meaningful game reps that produce a mature ball player. It just sux.

I agree, just look at Peyton Manning and Tom Brady's top receivers over the past 10-12 years. Manning had Harrison and Wayne in on most plays and Dallas Clark playing nearly every down.

In college I hope you would play your best most of the time, have a few plays off for them, and when you get a good lead you get some 2nd teamers reps.

Iowa seems to have 3 packages of receivers who get in and with 30-40 passes a game spread between 6 or 7 wideouts and 3 tight ends that is not many targets for each.

Exactly. Tough to get into a rhythm with your qb when 7 different wr play

To answer the op question:

The names to look out for are Jay Scheel, a highly thought of athlete that could make an immediate impact. Andre Harris is RS freshman to keep an eye on as well.

As far as incoming true freshman, Hockaday and Ogwu are two 3 star wr that may see some time next fall.

I think T. Smith and Duzey will be in the conversation for All Big 10 next season, but really hope to see Beathard being the one throwing to them next Fall.

To answer the op question:

The names to look out for are Jay Scheel, a highly thought of athlete that could make an immediate impact. Andre Harris is RS freshman to keep an eye on as well.

As far as incoming true freshman, Hockaday and Ogwu are two 3 star wr that may see some time next fall.

I think T. Smith and Duzey will be in the conversation for All Big 10 next season, but really hope to see Beathard being the one throwing to them next Fall.

I hope Smith and Duzey are not transferring too..;)

I do expect Vandeberg to get more catches next year. I am interested to see how the kids out of Missouri Harris and Mitchell look. Hillyer will be back next year....I really hope Hillyer does not start next year. He drops too many balls. I think Scheel will not contribute next year much as he is recovering from injury and is still learning the position. McCarron has shown me nothing but he can fair catch punts.

At least one of the freshmen next year is going to have to step up, but none of them are very heavily recruitd (Ogwo, Smith, and Falconer..)

WR could be a very weak spot next year besides Smith, unless our kids can develop.

I do expect Vandeberg to get more catches next year. I am interested to see how the kids out of Missouri Harris and Mitchell look. Hillyer will be back next year....I really hope Hillyer does not start next year. He drops too many balls. I think Scheel will not contribute next year much as he is recovering from injury and is still learning the position. McCarron has shown me nothing but he can fair catch punts.

At least one of the freshmen next year is going to have to step up, but none of them are very heavily recruitd (Ogwo, Smith, and Falconer..)

WR could be a very weak spot next year besides Smith, unless our kids can develop.
Why are you worried about replacing a guy(Willies) that didn't play? That's pretty easy-is doesn't matter who replaces him.

Id guess it's Matt Vandenberg and Riely McCarron unfortunately. Kirk doesn't know talent when it's right under his nose. So sprinkle 70 catches to these two speed deamons and wallah there you go. Clearly they will know the playbook inside and out and thus get the nod to play over someone that is clearly taller, faster and stronger than these two. Smith is in for a big year and if goes down I think we have huge issues especially if Rudy is throwing anyone the ball. Sorry for the negative rant but when we continually run off the ballers all the sudden the cabinet looks pretty bare….

Latest posts