Which "new comer" needs to have a good year...

• Thread starter Ian Pike Hammer
  • Start date
Is Nunge considered a newcomer? If not then I would say Bakari. Only because this team will desperately need someone to run the show and as much as I like JT, I think there needs to be someone with experience out there to show him how to do it.

Ummm...I'm going with all of them.

It's a versatile line up though. If they can get Pemsl sober, you have options in the front court like we haven't had in a long time. Nunge, Kreiner, Garza, & Pemsl, with another year of maturity and strength gains, should be able to hold their own on defense and on the glass. I don't think anyone is going to be pushing us around.

Nunge is particularly interesting as he has skill around the basket and great perimeter shooting, but just wasn't strong enough...now he's 250...and he looks completely different. If you put all three of those guys on the floor...you are going to have a mismatch on the block somewhere. No way anyone has three bigs like that. We will have to play zone on the other end, but it's doable.

After media day yesterday I would say Frederick. Fran seemed a little tempered on Toussaint I thought.

There has been a lot of positive buzz about CJF over the last year or so. Fran said yesterday that he would have played last year if he hadn’t redshirted. With a year in the weight room I’m expecting him to be a quality player.

I don’t consider him a newcomer but I would also say Nunge.

To me CJF and Nunge are the two most important players. If those two are quality B1G level starters I think this team can be solid and make it back to the dance. That remains to be seen though.

If no JBo, it absolutely has to be one of the guards. The team will need at least one of Bakari, CJF, or Joe T to play at a quality starter level.

Joe T is my guess. I think he's a hustler. Quick on the ball overall defender and I think his NYC style of slashing to the hoop and distributing will play very well with this group. We have guys that can catch and shoot around him to benefit from it. We'll see

Ummm...I'm going with all of them.

It's a versatile line up though. If they can get Pemsl sober, you have options in the front court like we haven't had in a long time. Nunge, Kreiner, Garza, & Pemsl, with another year of maturity and strength gains, should be able to hold their own on defense and on the glass. I don't think anyone is going to be pushing us around.

Nunge is particularly interesting as he has skill around the basket and great perimeter shooting, but just wasn't strong enough...now he's 250...and he looks completely different. If you put all three of those guys on the floor...you are going to have a mismatch on the block somewhere. No way anyone has three bigs like that. We will have to play zone on the other end, but it's doable.
Nunge has great perimeter shooting? You mean like Glen Rice? Let’s not go overboard here

I would say Joe T because if we don’t get Bohannon back, he will still have to provide some quality depth at the PG spot.