Which incoming freshmen do you think will have significant playing time next year?

Brick Squad

In order of descending priority, I believe the following are our positions of immediate need:

OL: I could see Jeff Jenkins getting a crack at guard, but it's a long shot. OL is tough to come into as a freshman.

CB: DJ Johnson already looks the part, and unless Rugamba and Ojemudia really step up their game we'll need someone.

LB: We have good-bodied backups to replace our 3 seniors, they just don't have much experience. I can see Dillon Doyle coming in to shake things up, as he's an early enrollee and I'm sure his dad will help him learn the defense faster than others.

WR:We've got a decent slot in Easley and a potential big playmaker in ISM. The other receivers in 2017's recruiting class also look okay but we need another player to really step up. Of our three recruits, I think Tyrone Tracy has the best shot at playing next year, but I like the future potential of Calvin and Nico, the latter of which I think will be our go-to slot in 2019 and beyond. Nico is also enrolling early so he'll have a better shot at hitting the field, I just don't think he'll beat out Easley.

S: I could see either Julius Brents or Dallas Craddieth breaking in here, but probably not both barring injury.

DL: We're stacked at this position, especially on the edge. I could see Linderbaum (and Nixon, although I consider him a part of last year's class) breaking into the rotation inside, especially since we want to run a rotation of about 10 guys on the line.

All in all, we definitely have gaps to fill. Luckily we're bringing in some good recruits so hopefully they'll help out.

In order of descending priority, I believe the following are our positions of immediate need:

OL: I could see Jeff Jenkins getting a crack at guard, but it's a long shot. OL is tough to come into as a freshman.

CB: DJ Johnson already looks the part, and unless Rugamba and Ojemudia really step up their game we'll need someone.

LB: We have good-bodied backups to replace our 3 seniors, they just don't have much experience. I can see Dillon Doyle coming in to shake things up, as he's an early enrollee and I'm sure his dad will help him learn the defense faster than others.

WR:We've got a decent slot in Easley and a potential big playmaker in ISM. The other receivers in 2017's recruiting class also look okay but we need another player to really step up. Of our three recruits, I think Tyrone Tracy has the best shot at playing next year, but I like the future potential of Calvin and Nico, the latter of which I think will be our go-to slot in 2019 and beyond. Nico is also enrolling early so he'll have a better shot at hitting the field, I just don't think he'll beat out Easley.

S: I could see either Julius Brents or Dallas Craddieth breaking in here, but probably not both barring injury.

DL: We're stacked at this position, especially on the edge. I could see Linderbaum (and Nixon, although I consider him a part of last year's class) breaking into the rotation inside, especially since we want to run a rotation of about 10 guys on the line.

All in all, we definitely have gaps to fill. Luckily we're bringing in some good recruits so hopefully they'll help out.
I think both Brents and Craddieth have a shot at playing time, if not just special teams. I think Brents also has the ability to switch to corner. I think Dillon Doyle will be a special teams guy as well, as he can't be too far off physically. If we end up snagging McDonald, he has a good shot at playing time as well, and the coaches have told him as much. I think Linderbaum is ready to play mentally, and can move really well, but at 260 I'd be worried about him holding up. Shannon is already big enough, although I don't know if it's good or bad weight with him.

I think Tyrone Tracy plays right away, as a return man and maybe just an athlete. Dude is a big play waiting to happen.

WRs in the following order: Tracy, Ragaini and Lockett. Went with Ragaini over Lockett due to the year in prep school and he is on campus. Think Tracy is too explosive to keep off the field especially from a Special Teams perspective and then being able to stretch the field as a deep threat.

I think both Brents and Craddieth have a shot at playing time, if not just special teams. I think Brents also has the ability to switch to corner. I think Dillon Doyle will be a special teams guy as well, as he can't be too far off physically. If we end up snagging McDonald, he has a good shot at playing time as well, and the coaches have told him as much. I think Linderbaum is ready to play mentally, and can move really well, but at 260 I'd be worried about him holding up. Shannon is already big enough, although I don't know if it's good or bad weight with him.

I think Tyrone Tracy plays right away, as a return man and maybe just an athlete. Dude is a big play waiting to happen.
That's my guy too. I think he might be returning kicks too maybe get in there at WR now and then. I don't think many true frosh will play. I don't think Doyle will. I think they'd like to RS him and build him up some. Although there's little experience amongst the LB corp there are a handful of bodies that'll play. DB is where I think it's an absolute crap shoot. I like Hooker back there at one safety spot. Beyond that I can't say Rugumba has locked his spot up. Or Ojumedia or Hankins. I thought that Creamer kid that redshirted this year might be an interesting addition. They'll all be in the running I'm sure but I doubt the lineup will be status quo to how the season ended just a hunch.

That's my guy too. I think he might be returning kicks too maybe get in there at WR now and then. I don't think many true frosh will play. I don't think Doyle will. I think they'd like to RS him and build him up some. Although there's little experience amongst the LB corp there are a handful of bodies that'll play. DB is where I think it's an absolute crap shoot. I like Hooker back there at one safety spot. Beyond that I can't say Rugumba has locked his spot up. Or Ojumedia or Hankins. I thought that Creamer kid that redshirted this year might be an interesting addition. They'll all be in the running I'm sure but I doubt the lineup will be status quo to how the season ended just a hunch.
Hopefully Rugamba recovers from his SO yr slump. I know he was hurt a good chunk of the season, so maybe being fully healthy again will help him rebound. He's got the physical tools, and he's shown us that he's capable. Ojemudia strikes me as a Greg Mabin type, longer and bigger than your average corner.

Hankins seems to be the heir apparent from last year's class. Was solid, but not great against Nebby and BC, but again, just a FR. I do agree with Creamer being an interesting prospect. Dude was so athletic and dynamic in HS, we didn't quite know if we wanted him as a DB, WR, or HB. I think Turner might be someone to watch from the RSFR as well.

Latest posts