Where is Barta??

This past week Iowa has gotten more national press then is has in years. Weather you think Woody did or didn't mean to poke, or weather you think Fran is being a DB or simply sticking up for his players. The fact is the one common theme here is no comment at all from Barta.

One would think with all the negative national press that coming from this, the AD would want to, at the very least, speak.

Where the heck is Barta?

Another example of how poor he is at keeping this fan base together. This year's football season has driven a wedge through the fan base. The QB controversy, the no information press conference by Ferentz, the end of the season lack of coaching changes. This has all divided the fan base. And now as it appears that Iowa basketball might be in a good position to make a solid run into the NCAA, we get this PR nightmare. Again, half the post on here seems to be Iowa fans disagreeing with other Iowa fans.

This guy seriously needs to read a book on leadership.

Barta is likely speaking to Fran privately, as he should. He is not obligated, nor would it be wise, to get into a ******* contest with a skunk...that being the media. He is showing good leadership, in my opinion, by taking care of business out of the spot light. And, yes, I have no doubt that he is speaking with Fran about Woody and the media stuff. I intend no offense, just stating my view.

what huckfinn said. folly is the ONLY AD I know of that loves to hear and see himself in the media. the AD should not be the face of the program via the media, like folly likes to see himself as, and is under no obligation to do so.

This hasn't risen to that point to me... Maybe it's just me but I don't like hearing from and seeing the ADs on every issue that comes up. I think this is for the coaches to handle. Unless the BIG comes in and hands down a suspension then I think Barta should have his 2 cents heard. It's safe to assume he has Frans back and approves how he's handling it. (if he don't I'm sure he's telling him privately)

I think this is all a sly plot by Barta, Fran and Ferentz to get the Iowa name out there and get some publicity. We need it for recruiting, so maybe some thugs will come play for us, since our coaches can't recruit. I bet Barta put Wilbon, Dakich and that mean reporter up to this just to get some publicity. It worked well when Fran kicked that chair. Kirk too with his 15 guys in the hospital over workouts. Well maybe it didn't.

With IOWA Wrestling ranked #1 in the nation, the IOWA Women Hoop looking at a
High NCAA seed and high BigTen finish, along with Fran's HAWKEYE Men, who are soaring up,
I'd say Gary is probably smoking a Stogie, sipping a Martini and talking to his Agent about
re-negotiating this IOWA gig.........

GO HAWKS!!!

Latest posts