Where have you read words like this before? Ummm

Some interesting comments in that thread. Many of the bitching about the schedule. Perhaps they should have joined the Big Ten back when they were offered!

Notre Dame has been in a steady downward spiral since Lou Holtz moved on yet they still have their network and they still think they invented football.
I hope they both lose. Brian Kelly is a scum-bag and isu is... isu.
Lou Holtz is just as big a scum bag as Brian Kelly.

He uses his catholicism and all his ra ra ra speethes about ovacoming hith speeth impedimund as a fwont for people to think he's a good dude, but he's right up there with Dantonio, Calipari, Kelly, and Petrino when it comes to douche baggery level. Only worse because none of those guys wear their religion on their shirt sleeves and claim to be moral compathes like Louie.

Hypocrisy is always worse than blatant immorality.

Always.

Last edited:
Some interesting comments in that thread. Many of the bitching about the schedule. Perhaps they should have joined the Big Ten back when they were offered!

Interesting whether ND would want to join the Big 10 if the Big would find another team and want to go to 16 teams (unless Maryland and Rutgers wants out)

A schedule with 16 teams and 7 division games with only two crossovers makes the Division crowns more to do with playing your division rivals. ND could be in the West Div to add strength and only two crossover games will lessen the argument that a division rival has an easier crossover schedule if you balance who plays OSU, Mich, PSU at this point.

Pitt, Syracuse could be the other team.

Interesting whether ND would want to join the Big 10 if the Big would find another team and want to go to 16 teams (unless Maryland and Rutgers wants out)

A schedule with 16 teams and 7 division games with only two crossovers makes the Division crowns more to do with playing your division rivals. ND could be in the West Div to add strength and only two crossover games will lessen the argument that a division rival has an easier crossover schedule if you balance who plays OSU, Mich, PSU at this point.

Pitt, Syracuse could be the other team.

I was thinking the same thing on adding ND to the West division, it would help balance the power between the 2 divisions. But I don't know who they would add in the East. Pitt doesn't add anything to the BTN foot print and I'm not sure Syracuse does either. Any other team they'd add would have to fit academically as well.

But I don't see any conference expansion for a while. ND may have missed the boat.

I was thinking the same thing on adding ND to the West division, it would help balance the power between the 2 divisions. But I don't know who they would add in the East. Pitt doesn't add anything to the BTN foot print and I'm not sure Syracuse does either. Any other team they'd add would have to fit academically as well.

But I don't see any conference expansion for a while. ND may have missed the boat.

Pitt has very high medical and science departments but not sure about overall academics. And listen, Nebby is not some Harvard of the midwest.

I was thinking the same thing on adding ND to the West division, it would help balance the power between the 2 divisions.

Disagree. ND is in the blob of teams that are kind of at that Iowa/Wisconsin level. They are a decent program, they have a lot of money and it typically keeps them from being utter trash, but they are far beneath the playoff caliber teams or the level necessary to provide a counterweight to OSU. They're like Nebraska in that their best days are long in their past. My guess is that if the playoff stays at 4 and the Big Ten could negotiate a guaranteed berth, ND would have more interest in joining.

Pitt has very high medical and science departments but not sure about overall academics. And listen, Nebby is not some Harvard of the midwest.

But, again, Pitt doesn't add to the BTN footprint since PSU is already a member.

No Nebraska isn't one of the top academic institutions but they were members of the AAU when they first joined

Disagree. ND is in the blob of teams that are kind of at that Iowa/Wisconsin level. They are a decent program, they have a lot of money and it typically keeps them from being utter trash, but they are far beneath the playoff caliber teams or the level necessary to provide a counterweight to OSU. They're like Nebraska in that their best days are long in their past. My guess is that if the playoff stays at 4 and the Big Ten could negotiate a guaranteed berth, ND would have more interest in joining.

Right no team outside of Alabama and Clemson could provide a "counterweight" to OSU. But ND is still on the level of Wisconson, PSU, and Michigan.

I think Notre Dame would join if you invited Boston College. BC is the other big catholic college in the country, and by no means would Notre Dame want BC to gain an advantage over them by joining in on a lucrative sports market like the B1G. BC would also give us the Boston and New England area viewership. If Notre Dame still didn’t want to join, then you grab Georgia Tech and take the Boston and Atlanta markets. Win-win situation.

I think Notre Dame would join if you invited Boston College. BC is the other big catholic college in the country, and by no means would Notre Dame want BC to gain an advantage over them by joining in on a lucrative sports market like the B1G. BC would also give us the Boston and New England area viewership. If Notre Dame still didn’t want to join, then you grab Georgia Tech and take the Boston and Atlanta markets. Win-win situation.

After the Maryland snafu, I think it has become virtually impossible to withdraw from the ACC without getting totally hammered with a financial penalty.

Lou Holtz is just as big a scum bag as Brian Kelly.

He uses his catholicism and all his ra ra ra speethes about ovacoming hith speeth impedimund as a fwont for people to think he's a good dude, but he's right up there with Dantonio, Calipari, Kelly, and Petrino when it comes to douche baggery level. Only worse because none of those guys wear their religion on their shirt sleeves and claim to be moral compathes like Louie.

Hypocrisy is always worse than blatant immorality.

Always.
No argument with this, and truth be told, Holtz owed much of his Notre Dame success to his defense coordinator Barry Alvarez.

You're last line is the most accurate. Look no further than Steve Alford for a perfect example.

Last edited:

Latest posts