Where do you think Arizona would finish in this year's Big Ten Race, hypothetically?

crews74

Is this the fifth or sixth best team that Iowa has on their schedule? Looks that way to me...glad we got a lot of them at home

Re: Where do you think Arizona would finish in this year's Big Ten Race, hypothetical

Tough to say. The only competition that both Iowa and Arizona have faced are each other. We need to ask this question again in a few weeks when we see Arizona and Iowa against different teams that are more skilled. Placing Arizona where you have them at this point only diminishes Iowa in my opinion.

Re: Where do you think Arizona would finish in this year's Big Ten Race, hypothetical

I still think Iowa beats AZ 6 or 7 times outta ten, so I don't mean to diminish Iowa in any way

Is this the fifth or sixth best team that Iowa has on their schedule? Looks that way to me...glad we got a lot of them at home

No offense, but I think you're slightly nuts. :)

Michigan has a good offense but a defense that's worse than Iowa State's.

Wisconsin has looked downright pedestrian the first 3 weeks of the season.

OSU is still OSU.

At this point of the season, given the body of work thus far, I'd rate them with us and Michigan State as the 2nd best team in the Big 10.

And Northwestern should be in the discussion
010 Season Game Log View Full Game Log
Offensive Statistics Defensive Statistics
Results Rushing Passing Rushing Passing
Date Opponent Line OU Score SU ATS OU Yds RYPA Yds PYPC Yds RYPA Yds PYPC
9-18-10 at RICE -6.5 54.5 30-13
W
W
U
144 3.2 307 12.8 86 3.7 291 9.7
9-11-10 vs ILLINOIS ST -24.5 NL 37-3
W
W
163 3.3 271 12.9 92 3.1 171 9.5
9-4-10 at VANDERBILT -3 41 23-21
W
L
O
143 3.1 222 11.7 192 5.1 240 12.6

Last edited:

Arizona would be a 4 or 5 in the B10+1(and 1 in 11). Agree with the comment that we beat them 6 out of 7 times.

Probably right around wherever we finish. I think they are pretty much equal to us or slightly better seeing as how they beat us on the field and all.

Arizona was an overtime loss away from wining the Pac Ten last year. Most of their offense is back and some key defensive components, too. Arizona is a very good team. Give them credit.

That said I think Arizona would finish in the upper third of the Big Ten (4th or higher depending on the home and away schedule).