Where are the ASSISTANTS?

I think a huge reason for the fall out of recruits is because Iowa has 1... yes 1 assistant coach... i have been posting on here for a few days now that Fran needs to get his assistants in line before any of these guys reconsider Iowa...

I dont think they are necessarily lost.. i do think Fran needs assistants first... "you cant open for business if you dont have a Staff"

I think that a bigger reason for the fallout of recruits is the fact that the one,yes one, assistant coach is not named Chad Walthall.

Don't be surprised if for a similar reason one or two recruits that were going to Siena come to Iowa instead.

If I was Fran I would tell these guys to take a hike instead of trying to get them to reconsider Iowa. When the new staff is in place they will get players who are just as good or better.

I think a huge reason for the fall out of recruits is because Iowa has 1... yes 1 assistant coach... i have been posting on here for a few days now that Fran needs to get his assistants in line before any of these guys reconsider Iowa...

I dont think they are necessarily lost.. i do think Fran needs assistants first... "you cant open for business if you dont have a Staff"

You don't have the "staff" working on this. This requires the "owner" to be imvolved.

You do realize we aren't going to win the Big 10 next year with or without any of these recruits right? It's far more important that Fran takes his time to find a staff who can flat out recruit moving forward. Fran isn't concerned about 2011, he's concerned about the long term future of the program.

He's doing exactly what he should do. Did you also complain when it took KF so long to hire a staff when he was hired? How'd that turn out?

I have a plan...and it's just crazy enough to WORK!

1. Let Fran hire his staff...without b!tching about it taking so long so we're not b!tching later that he hired the wrong guys.

2. Calm down.

I remember people having a fit when Ferentz took his time assembling his staff as well.

The worst thing to do is throw a staff together as quickly as possible. Let the man do his job. Maybe by waiting longer it gets us the right assistant to turn this program around quicker.

Lick got his staff in place pretty quick. How did that work for us? Let's try going the other route this time.

1. Let Fran hire his staff...without b!tching about it taking so long so we're not b!tching later that he hired the wrong guys.

2. Calm down.

You think that will work? I think overreacting will be waaaaaaaaay more effective

2. Calm down.
You and your so-called "reason, patience, and sensibility." You're not a real Hawkeye fan! :D

Seriously there are some very ridiculious posts on this site..

You know, HawkPrdatr, you need a license to buy a dog, to drive a car - hell, you even need a license to catch a fish. ... but they'll let any ******* with a computer post on a message board. :)

Im excited to check this bored if i havent been on for a couple hours just to see what ridiculous thing has been posted since i was last here.

It makes it MUCH easier when they start a thread with it, so you don't have to sift through an entire day's postings!

Latest posts