When to restart sports/life without testing numbers??

uihawk82

Without extensive testing when will it be OK to restart sports activities and other normal activities which congregate people in the US? Italy has 1,000 deaths and they are in full quarantine. China basically had to quarantine 70 million people in that district to finally slow down the contagion.

I would say and I am sure the experts are already saying we do not know what we are facing until millions are tested.

Remember, people who show little to no symptoms can infect someone else who can then take it home to grandparents or people with poor health. Businesses, universities, and state level government employees need to press to get these WHO test kits and US test kits in the millions so we know when this virus has cooled way down and flatlined.

Dr. Fauci just said in person on TV that closing schools at this time is the pertinent thing to do and the rationale is they are breeding grounds for the virus and although a high percentage of kids and young adults will not seem to be sick or be lightly ill they will pick up the virus and take it back out to the general public and to parents, siblings and grandparents. And that is when a population and country gets the big spike in cases that overwhelm medical abilities.

Dr. Fauci could not say strongly enough that we need to keep the huge, quick spikes and high peaks in cases so as not to overwhelm hospitals and healthcare.

If you have kids or had kids go through school you know how quickly the bugs spread.

Johnson County just said at this time they don't plan to close schools. Thankfully spring break is here but I have a feeling things may change in a week or so. Hope that isn't the case. We need to have massive testing. Jack Ma announced today that he's donating 500,00 test kits and 1 million masks to the US. Now that China is recovering their economy will need to carry the rest of the world for a time. South Korea is showing many signs of improvement. If there's ever a time for world unity, it's when we ALL face a common enemy like this.

The biggest issue that we've had up until now from my understanding is that all tests have had to be processed by the CDC. Others have or are starting to do their own tests but those positives are not added to the official CDC numbers.

Please don't take this as political because I don't intend it to be, but I believe states need to defy the CDC and start making their own tests and processing them in huge numbers. It appears that New York may do this. We currently have a huge logistical problem which could see some alleviation if the burden is spread out much further IMO.

Sounds like the biggest obstacle Johnson County schools are facing is that cancelling schools would cause an incredible shortage of health care workers.

Latest posts