when do Cy-Clown Fans grow tired of Paul Rhodes

HawkeyeGold

just wondering when do you think clown fans grow, um, not so pwoud of CPR? 1 winning season(barely). He said pre-season how he had a veteran team this year and this was essentially their year. seems like they have reached their ceiling.

just wondering when do you think clown fans grow, um, not so pwoud of CPR? 1 winning season(barely). He said pre-season how he had a veteran team this year and this was essentially their year. seems like they have reached their ceiling.

ommmmmmmmggggg..... nooooooo

I think he will leave before that happens. He will realize that "their year" is a 6-7 team and will eventually take a midlevel sec job.

Ken Miller was really railing on ISU fans on his radio show today. Apparently Pollard tweeted something yesterday about how pathetic the crowd was at the Heart of Dallas Bowl and Ken retorted that Pollard needs to decide if Rhoads and his sub .500 record are really the right direction for the program because the way they are going future ISU bowls may look that pathetic in the stands. It's quite funny how a 6-6 season and a rematch loss to Tulsa causes the local media to turn on walk on water Rhoads.

Paul Rhoads will be the coach at ISU for as long as he wants to be at ISU up to 10 years. After 10 years things get stale and tired (see McCarney and Ferentz) Both are god coaches but the grind is tough with the same scenery. The expectations at ISU are not that high, 7-5 records would be good and perform well in conference. If ISU plays all games next year like they played the bowl game. They will be 0-12 there is no wins on the schedule.

yeah, when do cyclone fans grow tired of pollard?

Most consider Pollard to be a heck of a good leader. It's been tough to be in Big 12 Athletics the last 2 years with realignment pressure. I hope he retires from ISU.

Most consider Pollard to be a heck of a good leader. It's been tough to be in Big 12 Athletics the last 2 years with realignment pressure. I hope he retires from ISU.

I don't think sitting under the table and waiting for the scraps to hit the ground is "leading."

Never at this point. /Discussion. He has taken us to 3 bowls in 4 years.
And the entire history of the program has as many bowl wins as some players at Iowa. See: Ricky Stanzi. What a joke of a program. I can't imagine what it's like actually being happy just winning 6 games and going to a bowl.

It has been discussed before, but since clown fans live such as bleak existence, going 6-7 over and over again is an improvement on what they're used to. Of course, the problem is they think that this holding pattern of mediocrity is just a building block to something great. As one rocket surgeon on CyFan put it

ALL IN and happy when I look back at last 4 years and what Chiz did to program previous 2 years, next 2-3 years will be the difference. I'm expecting a couple 7-5 and one 8-4 record with a 2-1 bowl record these 3 years with CPR, it's that time of his contract to bring home the bacon. Expect 5 wins in the B12 also. Big hill to climb, but I'm ALL IN that CPR will get us there. Now let me quanify the record expectations, if we come away at 6-6 next year and offense is solid and competitive and we loose to a OU by 2 points and competitive in all other losses, I'm ok. Remember we're ISU and we play in the B12 one of the top 2 conferences in the BCS.

So just remember Clown fans, snort your glue, drive your '97 Tercel to wash dishes at IHOP, and stay ALL IN with CPR.

It has been discussed before, but since clown fans live such as bleak existence, going 6-7 over and over again is an improvement on what they're used to. Of course, the problem is they think that this holding pattern of mediocrity is just a building block to something great. As one rocket surgeon on CyFan put it

So just remember Clown fans, snort your glue, drive your '97 Tercel to wash dishes at IHOP, and stay ALL IN with CPR.

I wish all Iowa State fans could step back and admit how idiotic their reasoning on their football program is

Paul Rhoads will be the coach at ISU for as long as he wants to be at ISU up to 10 years. After 10 years things get stale and tired (see McCarney and Ferentz) Both are god coaches but the grind is tough with the same scenery. The expectations at ISU are not that high, 7-5 records would be good and perform well in conference. If ISU plays all games next year like they played the bowl game. They will be 0-12 there is no wins on the schedule.

Ferentz record = 100-74 w/ 6 bowl wins 2 BCS bowls.
McCarney record = 58-65 w/ 2 bowl wins and 0 BCS bowls.

Please don't use Kirk Ferentz's name in the same sentence as that loser. I also wouldn't go around calling McCarney a "good coach" considering his pathetic results.

I don't think sitting under the table and waiting for the scraps to hit the ground is "leading."

When $h!t it the fan during the realignment 1.0 phase Pollard and President Geoffery were chosen to lead the process in the big 12. That my friend is leading. Win lose or draw, everything is a game and they were put in the position to lead and did a great job. You look at where the athletics program is now compared to where it has been, it's improved. With any position as visible as an AD or coach you not going to be loved by everyone.

Never at this point. /Discussion. He has taken us to 3 bowls in 4 years.

Yeah, because these days they let crappy teams with .500 records into bowl games. If the same rules were in play, Donnie Duncan would have been going to bowls way back when. Even back when Mac started coaching, they didn't have a bowl slot for the 9th place team in the conference.

I wish all Iowa State fans could step back and admit how idiotic their reasoning on their football program is

It's sad. I saw what it did to the people here when they thought we were NCG contenders in 2010, until cold reality slapped them in the face. The major difference here, of course, is that Iowa fans were expecting 11 wins, while ISU fans are expecting 7. The sad part is that it is not realistic.

Latest posts