When Clayborn went down yesterday...

JonDMiller

Publisher/Founder
I got this note from a friend that is a photog:

When you're down on the field, there is always a lot of noise. Even when the crowd is quiet, there is still a lot of gray noise. When Adrian Clayborn was down and the trainers came onto the field, you could hear a pin drop in that place. It was like watching television with the sound turned off. I would never have believed that 71,000 people could be that quiet. Never "heard" that before

I didn't notice the crowd being that quiet due to the words "oh crap" ringing in my head over and over and over...

What a roller coaster that was. Me and my buddies went from "Oh crap, torn ACL and a loss to Indiana" at the end of the 3rd quarter to "Pasadena here we come" about 5 minutes of game time later.

What a roller coaster that was. Me and my buddies went from "Oh crap, torn ACL and a loss to Indiana" at the end of the 3rd quarter to "Pasadena here we come" about 5 minutes of game time later.

This season would make a helluva a new ride at Adventureland...no doubt about it!

Disclaimer: "No doubt about it!" is a copyright of Dan McCarney Incorporated and my not be used without the expressed written consent of Dan McCarney.

Everyone around me had their mouths open and their eyes wide for a moment. It seriously looked like it was rehearsed.

So what ended up happening to him? He seemed fine after that. My buddy and I were guessing he got a kick to the manhood :)

Yeah, I was suprised that there wasn't a thread with and explanation of what happened. We would sorely mis him if he were lost these next 3 games. Anyone?

I thought this is all we need after playing so bad and now this.Luckly everything worked out for all of us.Go Hawks

Take this "for what its worth":
I heard a caller on the Hawkeye Huddle postgame show say that Adrian and his father talked to her after the game and Adrian said he was just fine - No problems. Guess we'll see later this week.

Everybody around me in the south end zone could see that it was Clayborn and there was a lot of "Crap" (or variations of), "That's not good" and "Not Adrian!" and "We are screwed now.."

What happened to Adrian?

Um if you wouldve turned up the TV you could hear him moaning in a REAL HIGH PITCHED voice....if you get my drift.

New TV show out there called Adrian Clayborns family Jewels.

I got the same "nad" impression while watching. However, if the stadium was as quiet as Jon's friend said... this could have been easily clarified by Adrian's cries of "oooooh, my nuts..."

It looked to me on replay that he either got hit in the nads like others have said or he took a knee to the thigh and got charlie horsed. No biggie, he came back in and looked fine

It's a good thing he filed that restraining order and that gal wasn't in the front row
screaming at the top of her lungs "Adrian"!!!!!!!!!!!!

i talked to him after the game he said he got hit in the leg charlie horse side note there was this girl that was dressed up as brittany mears that ran over to talk to him it was hillarious should of seen the look in his eyes he was terrified

I could not agree more. Sitting in my seat, I turned to a buddy and said, "I have never heard this place this quiet before. Ever."