What's the motivation going forward?

• Thread starter Ian Pike Hammer
  • Start date
I

Ian Pike Hammer

Team moral has to be at a season-low. We're dropping like a rock, can't buy a win. B1G title is gone. Can't have much hope of winning the postseason tourney, much less the NCAA. Toughest part of the schedule is still ahead.

As far as the team is win as many games as they can to have the best seed they can possibly get. If the locker room is still committed to a goal like that.

Right now....it has to be about right now and taking care of business for the NCAAs. They blew it for a regular season Big Ten title.

Last edited:
Team moral has to be at a season-low. We're dropping like a rock, can't buy a win. B1G title is gone. Can't have much hope of winning the postseason tourney, much less the NCAA. Toughest part of the schedule is still ahead.
I’ve heard rumblings the players and coaches are so down they are considering canceling the rest of their games and withdrawing Garza’s name from POY consideration. We’ll have to wait and see if they opt to play the season out.

I’ve heard rumblings the players and coaches are so down they are considering canceling the rest of their games and withdrawing Garza’s name from POY consideration. We’ll have to wait and see if they opt to play the season out.
I hope you are wrong. This would be total bush league.

This is a joke of course....but at the same time would totally be in character in an extreme way of the program.

Iowa still has a ton left to play for. The only thing that really matters for this team is March and that was the case before the season started too. I am not as hopeful as I was a month ago but I'm still gonna watch and let it play out.

They have plenty to play for. Sure it would be nice to win the Big Ten but that is gone. What I get excited for is the NCAA Tournament. If they could make a run and win at least 2 games would go a long ways to taking the sting out of a disappointing season
I think Iowa was a 7 seed having finished like 4th in the Big Ten when Lute took them to the final 4. If Lester doesn't get hurt who knows

This hasn't been a great season yet, but that can change. We are ranked 15 and it feels like a huge letdown. I guess it is good we are at a point where expectations aren't about just being ranked.

Nothing is going to change unless Fran makes the change. I don't see the players being able to do it alone. A sweet sixteen would be very satisfying right now. Lets hope they can get it together.

The motivation is to win and compete in every game no matter what. This is D1 not Y noon ball. These guys are not going to mail it in. Sure the Big Ten title is off the table, but there still the Big Ten tournament and hopefully a decent seed in the tournament.

If we win out there is a very good chance we can still be a 1 seed and a very small chance to catch a split of the conference title. If they lose the next couple games, then they could potentially pack it in. Hopefully not, but maybe.

If we win out there is a very good chance we can still be a 1 seed and a very small chance to catch a split of the conference title. If they lose the next couple games, then they could potentially pack it in. Hopefully not, but maybe.
No way this veteran group checks out IMO.

It was a totally sarcastic post.
Really? If I was Garza, I'd think about sitting it out, (like ISM did in football and many, many others) and get ready for the NBA or otherwise professional career. He is one head-blow or another devasting injury away from not fulfilling his dream. He would never forgive himself if that happened nor his dad! He came back, gave it a shot, and the team totally stinks right now. I wouldn't blame him if he checked out.

This Board, LOL, nobody on Iowa's team is "checking out", they will continue to compete at the highest level they can. Don't count this team out yet, especially if they get CJ back.

Latest posts