What would USC, Notre Dame or Michigan be ranked?

I'm wondering what a USC, Notre Dame or Michigan team with a 9-0 record would be ranked. Oh, and they've come from behind 8 out of 9 times, many of their wins have been ugly, and they have one of the toughest road schedules in all of college football. I'm guessing they'd be ranked #1. The "experts" would make some excuse for these teams and their ugly wins... but these "elite" programs would somehow get a pass. Thoughts?

USC- #1 (the most beloved team (according to media))
NOTRE DAME- #2 - some predicted ND being in the NC conversation due to their weak schedule
MICH-#5 Clearly the Big 10 doesn't get respect.

I'm wondering what a USC, Notre Dame or Michigan team with a 9-0 record would be ranked. Oh, and they've come from behind 8 out of 9 times, many of their wins have been ugly, and they have one of the toughest road schedules in all of college football. I'm guessing they'd be ranked #1. The "experts" would make some excuse for these teams and their ugly wins... but these "elite" programs would somehow get a pass. Thoughts?

Well Julie, using Lou Holtz as my prime example...all of the criticism he's giving Iowa (STILL bringing up the UNI game 8 games later) would be an absolute slobber-fest (no pun intended) about how amazing Notre Dame is and how they should be playing for the title...

USC would be ranked number 1, at least by ESPN, as you can tell by how they immediately started singing the praises of Oregon for man-handling the mighty Trojans...who are nothing more than "average" this season.

As for Michigan...they'd be labeled as "back" and RR would be praised, but they'd still be hurt by the "weak Little10" mantra from the SECSPN and would still get no credit for the conference even if Iowa and Michigan knocked off Florida and Alabama in bowl games, because Ohio State would leave their talent and playbooks in Columbus and get smoked by LSU...

There would be some MAJOR USC, ND, or Michigan fellatio if one of those three had been able to accomplish what we have this year. They'd have made at least 3 or 4 nicknames up for each of those teams in reference to the way they (we) won...it'd be disgusting.

Well Julie, using Lou Holtz as my prime example...all of the criticism he's giving Iowa (STILL bringing up the UNI game 8 games later) would be an absolute slobber-fest (no pun intended) about how amazing Notre Dame is and how they should be playing for the title...

USC would be ranked number 1, at least by ESPN, as you can tell by how they immediately started singing the praises of Oregon for man-handling the mighty Trojans...who are nothing more than "average" this season.

As for Michigan...they'd be labeled as "back" and RR would be praised, but they'd still be hurt by the "weak Little10" mantra from the SECSPN and would still get no credit for the conference even if Iowa and Michigan knocked off Florida and Alabama in bowl games, because Ohio State would leave their talent and playbooks in Columbus and get smoked by LSU...

Hawkeyeshane, you sure do have much man-love for Dr. Lou.

USC- #1 (the most beloved team (according to media))
NOTRE DAME- #2 - some predicted ND being in the NC conversation due to their weak schedule
MICH-#5 Clearly the Big 10 doesn't get respect.

i agree except Mich. would be 3...if USC were undefeated espn would be saying that they are probably one of the top 3 teams of the decade and how the number 2 rated bcs has won the title the last 2 years...ND butt would be sore from all of the kissing it would get...but espn wouldn't give them that much love bc its not only the Big Ten that espn loathes its pretty much any team not located on a coast...I think theyve given more hype to Washington than Iowa this year

Latest posts