What the hell is wrong with people??

1hawkeye1

Did you see this lunatic who charged a coach during the UCSB/Hawaii game? My God, what is going on in college basketball and how can it be stopped before someone gets seriously hurt??

Fan loses his mind

Classy fans wait until the game is over to confront coaches.

18ft39qocghuojpg.jpg

The scary thing is that I don't get the impression that UCSB fan did that on a drunken bet either. I think we witnessed a dose of California crazy. That's not to say he wasn't boozed/drugged up, but he certainly has a screw loose.

The scary thing is that I don't get the impression that UCSB fan did that on a drunken bet either. I think we witnessed a dose of California crazy. That's not to say he wasn't boozed/drugged up, but he certainly has a screw loose.

I've always thought that about California. That seems to be where the crazy wagon ran into the ocean and decided to set up camp.

I really don't see anything wrong with what that fan did.

1. He set foot on the court
2. He stormed onto the court
3. He charged at the coach
4. He screamed obscenities in the coach's face
5. Nobody knocked him out

Aside from literally everything he did, he didn't do anything wrong.

1. He set foot on the court
2. He stormed onto the court
3. He charged at the coach
4. He screamed obscenities in the coach's face
5. Nobody knocked him out

Aside from literally everything he did, he didn't do anything wrong.

But I think he had a legitimate beef that wasn't being addressed.

So you have a problem with the fan acting the same way the coaches do in college basketball?

Something doesnt go their way they get mad and go on the court.

They get in the face and wave their arms and the person they are upset with.

They eventually leave the court and return to their seat.

My thoughts are that more and more coaches are out of control. Doesn't matter what team you watch the coaches are out of control. It would take a concerted effort, but the officials could make this stop. Fans see coaches going off from the tip to the buzzer and naturally some fans mimic and take it to the next level.

My thoughts are that more and more coaches are out of control. Doesn't matter what team you watch the coaches are out of control. It would take a concerted effort, but the officials could make this stop. Fans see coaches going off from the tip to the buzzer and naturally some fans mimic and take it to the next level.

Some people are idiots and will simply never learn. I see people dunk on people every night, doesn't mean I can do it. I honestly don't think it has anything to do with how coaches behave but rather how dumb people are.

Side note: Can't help but wish that same fan would have gone after McCabe last night instead. Might have changed the mindset of fans in general, based on the response I'm sure Zach would have had.

I've always thought that about California. That seems to be where the crazy wagon ran into the ocean and decided to set up camp.

Having spent time in the two states, I would say California is absolutely normal compared to Texas. Now that is one weird a$$ state. And let's not forget Idaho ... beautiful, yet some very scary people exist there. : )

Did you see this lunatic who charged a coach during the UCSB/Hawaii game? My God, what is going on in college basketball and how can it be stopped before someone gets seriously hurt??

Fan loses his mind

What can they charge the fan with, running onto a basketball court. He stopped in front of the coach and yelled something at him, but didn't touch him. He was manhandled by the basketball players.....

They was no assault involved by the fan, he just wanted to discuss something with the Hawaii coach, perhaps criticizing his shirt....

There is a possibility he could charge the two basketball players for putting their hands on him.....

He certainly shouldn't have done it, but I wonder what crime they can charge him with.....

I remember the Hawkeye fan years ago at Carver against NW running on the court with a cape on, took the basketball out of an Iowa players hand, dribbled down the court and made a basket. It didn't count however. Don't think he did an lot of time in prison for the offense.....

This is a strange season this year.....

He was a drunk fool, no doubt and there is no place in college ball for this type of behavior.....

Fan loses his mind

What can they charge the fan with, running onto a basketball court. He stopped in front of the coach and yelled something at him, but didn't touch him. He was manhandled by the basketball players.....

They was no assault involved by the fan, he just wanted to discuss something with the Hawaii coach, perhaps criticizing his shirt....

There is a possibility he could charge the two basketball players for putting their hands on him.....

He certainly shouldn't have done it, but I wonder what crime they can charge him with.....

I remember the Hawkeye fan years ago at Carver against NW running on the court with a cape on, took the basketball out of an Iowa players hand, dribbled down the court and made a basket. It didn't count however. Don't think he did an lot of time in prison for the offense.....

This is a strange season this year.....

He was a drunk fool, no doubt and there is no place in college ball for this type of behavior.....
I'm convinced jail time or a hefty fine would have no affect on that kid. And looking at him, he will probably be one of those "productive-to-society" poet/writer/artist/Starbucks baristas well into his forties.

Oh heck yes this could fall under disorderly conduct if the cops decided he deserved it. If he didn't calm down by the time he was in their hands you can bet he got hit with that, and obviously public intox if the obvious was indeed that obvious.

Latest posts