• Iowa State football

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Iowa basketball

Votes: 24 72.7%
  • Iowa State basketball

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I wouldn't be surprised to see the basketball team ranked preseason. The football team won't be ranked at all next season. Iowa State sucks.

iowa football won't be ranked until at least 2015, so i hope the b-ball team cracks it before then.

I'm confident our basketball team will be ranked before conference play starts. Our football team...yikes. I think our basketball team makes the NCAA tournament before the football team makes another bowl game.

Hello, optimistic guy here...
I'm with Duff and think its the football team.
I think we come out of the gates well this year, and get a ranking before the bball rankings come out. I also think the bball team gets consideration for the preseason polls.
The cyclowns lose a lot of seniors so may not get a ranking.

Just one mans thoughts.

Hello, optimistic guy here...
I'm with Duff and think its the football team.
I think we come out of the gates well this year, and get a ranking before the bball rankings come out. I also think the bball team gets consideration for the preseason polls.
The cyclowns lose a lot of seniors so may not get a ranking.

Just one mans thoughts.

How many games do you think we would need to win to be ranked?

Schedule:

vs N. Illinois
vs. Missouri St.
@ ISU
vs. W Michigan
@ Minnesota
vs MSU
@ OSU
vs Northwestern
vs Wisconsin
@ Purdue
vs Michigan
@ Nebraska

If I had to guess.... I'd say 6-0??

We're coming off a 4-8 year with a QB that has had 0 snaps in live action. We are on NOBODY's radar. I'm not even sure starting out 6-0 would do it. We may have to win @ OSU.

And that's not happening... therefor my answer: Iowa bball who will be ranked in preseason.

Schedule:

vs N. Illinois
vs. Missouri St.
@ ISU
vs. W Michigan
@ Minnesota
vs MSU
@ OSU
vs Northwestern
vs Wisconsin
@ Purdue
vs Michigan
@ Nebraska

We're coming off a 4-8 year with a QB that has had 0 snaps in live action. We are on NOBODY's radar. I'm not even sure starting out 6-0 would do it. We may have to win @ OSU.

And that's not happening... therefor my answer: Iowa bball who will be ranked in preseason.

6-0 would do it. And that'd be with wins against 2 B1G opponents, another BCS school (albeit the school is in lAmes), and N Illinois (who could be good again this year). At that point it wouldn't matter if you had been on anyone's radar or not.

A win in Colimbus would be very difficult, so the ranking would likely be very short lived.
But a guy can hope, no?

Schedule:

vs N. Illinois
vs. Missouri St.
@ ISU
vs. W Michigan
@ Minnesota
vs MSU
@ OSU
vs Northwestern
vs Wisconsin
@ Purdue
vs Michigan
@ Nebraska

Oh god damnit I forgot western michigan was on the schedule.

Wish I would have seen that before I voted.