What single, achievable statistic (offense or defense)

• Thread starter Ian Pike Hammer
  • Start date
I

Ian Pike Hammer

would you like to see in every Iowa game this year? I'm going with: 11 made 3's every game. I think we are capable of this every game.

Scoring defense under 70 points per game
That ain't happening. Given the tempo/pace Iowa wants to play at it is going to allow their opponents so many more possessions. Iowa could give up 75 ppg and be stellar on the defense end. According to kenpom Iowa was 97th in Adj D last year that number needs to dip into the 60's before I will get the pom-poms out and do the fist pump.

That ain't happening. Given the tempo/pace Iowa wants to play at it is going to allow their opponents so many more possessions. Iowa could give up 75 ppg and be stellar on the defense end. According to kenpom Iowa was 97th in Adj D last year that number needs to dip into the 60's before I will get the pom-poms out and do the fist pump.
Iowa is 71st in KPom AdjD right now against three truly awful opponents. Although the ranking is #11 overall, you have to go down to #30 overall (LSU) to find a worse AdjD, and then to #57 overall (2-3 Seton Hall, which just lost to powerhouse Rhode Island) to find the next worst on the list. The D needs to step it up, or there will be a lot of games like @Michigan last year.

Iowa is 71st in KPom AdjD right now against three truly awful opponents. Although the ranking is #11 overall, you have to go down to #30 overall (LSU) to find a worse AdjD, and then to #57 overall (2-3 Seton Hall, which just lost to powerhouse Rhode Island) to find the next worst on the list. The D needs to step it up, or there will be a lot of games like @Michigan last year.
I'm looking for a slight boost from Nunge and Weisy this year. Let's hope JoeT plays more minutes, as his "D" seems to be among the best on the team. Perhaps the 5 frosh can play better defense also.
I give up on JBo's attempts at any kind of solid defense. Yeah, I'm pissed at JBo! Doesn't he realize his defense is paramount to our success?
And to be sure, his offense is still on the bus this year. Is he resting on his laurels? Maybe he thinks he's already in the NBA where defense is optional. To any logical, clear thinking person, he is the worst player on our roster right now. I dunno.

I'm looking for a slight boost from Nunge and Weisy this year. Let's hope JoeT plays more minutes, as his "D" seems to be among the best on the team. Perhaps the 5 frosh can play better defense also.
I give up on JBo's attempts at any kind of solid defense. Yeah, I'm pissed at JBo! Doesn't he realize his defense is paramount to our success?
And to be sure, his offense is still on the bus this year. Is he resting on his laurels? Maybe he thinks he's already in the NBA where defense is optional. To any logical, clear thinking person, he is the worst player on our roster right now. I dunno.
I think he answered you tonight, and not against a team of schmoes.

Latest posts