What if...

MagicDJM

How much difference would it have made this year if Connor had stayed healthy and Williams had not transferred.

We'll never know - but with how badly Iowa is getting crushed, even the most optimistic Hawkeye fan would have to say ... not much of a difference.

Hard to say on Connor. We haven't seen him much and he's a freshman. Hard to expect a lot there.

Williams, I dunno. The guy may have had some potential but I see him as a question mark. He hadn't proven a lot.

I'm guessing not a lot of difference, but everything helps, I guess.

Williams didn't show he could get all those other players to be more quick...in fact, he was mechanically slow himself.

Connor...not much data...

+1 wins...

What about this...what if we had a PG...?

I honestly don't think it would have made much difference. Perhaps the games would have been a little more competitive, but I don't think the W-L record would be that much different.

Williams was an okay player, particularly playing the passing lanes on defense, but he wasn't close to being a natural PG, and had a very limited outside shot. The only benefit there would be to give Bohannon a little more of a blow.

Connor at least has some natural PG skills. That allows the coaches to slide Bohannon over to the 2 and make him more of a sniper. Our offense benefits, but the defensive liabilities are still there.

A better question is where would we be if Fran had signed Glynn Watson or Tony Carr over the last few cycles?

Last edited:

Latest posts