What if Iowa Played ISU's Schedule This Year?

iowalaw

Banned
Iowa is 2-0 and ISU is 0-2 thus far...and Rudock has done "nothing to lose his job." Literally the ONLY reason for these facts, thus far, is because we escaped with two nail biter wins against much inferior opponents. We have had a cream puff schedule thus far while many teams have gone out and faced real challenges.

So what would our psyche be right now if we played ISU's schedule? Rather than playing a middle of the pack MAC team to start the season, we likely would have got nipped by one of the top D2 programs in the country who was charged up to play us...then instead of out talenting little UNI, we were instead matched up against a Top 20 D1 opponent like KSU and lost another close one? We would be 0-2 heading into ISU. The same coaches and same players would be in place, just a different perspective...hell, assume we even had the same completion percentages and statistics (which is unlikely, as I doubt we could have thrown nearly as well against quality opponents). What a difference the schedule makes.

Is Rudock benched?
Is Bethard a fan favorite by now?
Do we have just 2 RBs sharing the load rather than 5?
Is there major head on our OC?
Is there major heat on Ferentz himself?

Now imagine if we went to Notre Dame or Oregon or LSU? Ouch.

Hmmmmmm.....

UNI beat Clones, last year, at their 'place'.

Ball State was something like 17-3, over last 2 regular seasons.

I don't see where you're going here, sorry.............

Oh, by the by..............GO HAWKS !!!!!!!!!!!

Oh and Wisconsin didn't GO to LSU, they played on a Neutral field, just like the
HAWKEYES did, last January in the HAWKEYES January 1 BOWL game, the Outback.

What Bowl did the Clowns get to, again ???

I don't think that Iowa would be bowling with ISU's schedule if they play the way they did the first two games. Having said that, Iowa does have a good shot at finishing at the top of the Big 10 this season. Iowa State has a very small chance of picking up maybe one or two wins this season.

Iowa is 2-0 and ISU is 0-2 thus far...and Rudock has done "nothing to lose his job." Literally the ONLY reason for these facts, thus far, is because we escaped with two nail biter wins against much inferior opponents. We have had a cream puff schedule thus far while many teams have gone out and faced real challenges.

So what would our psyche be right now if we played ISU's schedule? Rather than playing a middle of the pack MAC team to start the season, we likely would have got nipped by one of the top D2 programs in the country who was charged up to play us...then instead of out talenting little UNI, we were instead matched up against a Top 20 D1 opponent like KSU and lost another close one? We would be 0-2 heading into ISU. The same coaches and same players would be in place, just a different perspective...hell, assume we even had the same completion percentages and statistics (which is unlikely, as I doubt we could have thrown nearly as well against quality opponents). What a difference the schedule makes.

Is Rudock benched?

You are spot on with the strength of schedules of these two programs. UI would be 0-2 right now.

Rather than playing a middle of the pack MAC team to start the season, we likely would have got nipped by one of the top D2 programs in the country who was charged up to play us...then instead of out talenting little UNI, we were instead matched up against a Top 20 D1 opponent like KSU and lost another close one? We would be 0-2 heading into ISU.

So #9 UNI (at the time) was "little UNI"? They are now at #11, which would most likely qualify them for the FCS playoffs. Again, "little UNI"?

KState may have been ranked #20, but did you know that North Dakota State beat them last year? And KState was 8-5 last year, which includes a bowl win over Michigan. They returned 10 starters from last year's team. (Iowa returned 13 starters)

We'll never know what Iowa would have done with Iowa State's schedule, but one thing is certain: Iowa has a stronger team and Iowa has more and better returning starters.

I don't get the 0-2 calls. Both teams won by running the football against ISU.. Do you guys really think either of those teams would run that way against this Hawkeye team? For those teams to win they would of had to win with a passing game, and we have no clue if either team is capable of that.

Is Rudock benched?

And this is exactly why you are little brother.

The constant need to compare yourselfs to Iowa and to jump through mental hoops to convince yourselfs that the two programs are simillar.

None of the other teams fans Iowa plays come to our board and post stuff like this, only little brother ISU.

Yeah Iowa would have lost to NDSU and KSU at home. LMAO.

Different opponents would have meant different strategies. Iowa would have done better than ISU against their last two opponents. Iowa moves the ball better and has a better defense.

Iowa would have lost three games, because they would have to go to Kinnick Stadium on week three.

Depends on a couple of things, 1) would we have to wear Ronald McDonald unis , or could we just remain in normal masculine colors? And 2) is Paw Rhodes giving us the speeches or can we stay with our own coaching staff? Either way, probably 11-1; Oklahoma may be tough, but we get up for 1 game a year, and we would definitely lose in Kinnick to ourselves!

If Iowa had home games against NDSU and K State so far this year I believe they would be 0-2 at this point. UNI is a good FCS program but nowhere near the level of NDSU. K State has a QB that can hurt you with his legs and a playmaking WR. A combo that has been deadly for even great Iowa defenses.

Ball St had a solid 2 year run but is not a good team currently. I've been watching Iowa for about 30 years and that was one of the worst games I've ever seen. This is not a N ILL situation where you could see talent and you walked away impressed by their team.

If Iowa had home games against NDSU and K State so far this year I believe they would be 0-2 at this point. UNI is a good FCS program but nowhere near the level of NDSU. K State has a QB that can hurt you with his legs and a playmaking WR. A combo that has been deadly for even great Iowa defenses.

Ball St had a solid 2 year run but is not a good team currently. I've been watching Iowa for about 30 years and that was one of the worst games I've ever seen. This is not a N ILL situation where you could see talent and you walked away impressed by their team.

2-0. Iowa has given up 3 big plays in two games and that's about it.

UNI is favored to win their conference over NDSU and I give KSU about a %15 chance of winning at Iowa. They almost lost to ISU for god sakes. They are not good and would struggle to score more than 10.

2-0. Iowa has given up 3 big plays in two games and that's about it.

UNI is favored to win their conference over NDSU and I give KSU about a %15 chance of winning at Iowa. They almost lost to ISU for god sakes. They are not good and would struggle to score more than 10.

Who is favoring UNI over NDSU? You're going to have to point me the right direction there. NDSU is #1 in the nation FCS right now.

Kinnick is not a hard place to win. A pathetic Ball St team almost did it a week ago. The Kinnick home field advantage ended about 10 years ago against Michigan.

KSU almost lost to Iowa St. Hell, that's been most of the last 15 years for Iowa. Many of those years they did get beat.

NDSt.- W
K-State- W
Iowa State- W
Baylor- L
Okie St.- W
Toledo- W
Texas- W
Okie- L
Kansas- W
WVU- W
TCU- W

10-2 easy peasy. 9-3/8-4 at the very worst.

Depends on a couple of things, 1) would we have to wear Ronald McDonald unis , or could we just remain in normal masculine colors? And 2) is Paw Rhodes giving us the speeches or can we stay with our own coaching staff? Either way, probably 11-1; Oklahoma may be tough, but we get up for 1 game a year, and we would definitely lose in Kinnick to ourselves!

Yep--wearing the black jerseys is worth at least 2 points over wearing the white jerseys, regardless of game location.

Latest posts