What do you need to see.....

SixAMtailgate

....on saturday to see that this team is still on the right track?

Yes, I know a win is all that matters but for me:

1. Kickoff coverage does not allow a return past the 35.

2. Offensive line dominating the line of scrimmage.

3. Defense forces at least one TO.

Ihonestly don't think this will be a good measure. I want to see Coker, but other than that wait until PSU to determine if we've made strides in ST.

I'm not sure this game will tell us anything. It's nice to have a blow before Penn State, but I don't think we'll know much until after that game.

A dominating Iowa team (like the ISUx game) But the second half the back-ups play a majority of the snaps.
A win and NO INJURIES!

I need to see a dominating offensive line. I need to see great kickoff and punt return coverage. I need to see a efficient running game.

My expectations for this season remain the same. Iowa played a worse game at Arizona than I figured we would see all year. A blocked punt, pick six, KO return for a TD, and a missed extra point ended as it should....in a loss. We won't see that again all season. Iowa will come out and do their typical 38-3 type thing to Ball State and I'll feel the same after the game as I do right now.

My guess is that we will see an extreme improvement on the special teams side of things this week. That's the one glaring hole for this team right now, in addition to RB depth. As long as Robinson can stay healthy and handle the majority of the remaining carries this season Iowa will be just fine. I also believe Coker will be a solid compliment to Robinson.

This game will show two things:
1. How this edition of Hawkeye football responds to disappointment.
2. If this team will play to the level of competition, or concern themselves with their own quality of play.

I'd like to see the D-Backs not let any receivers get behind them. That has been a problem all three games this year, but only Arizona had enough time for the QB to get them the ball. I like the corners to be confident and even bump and run from the line of scrimmage, but they get 10 - 15 yards down feel and lose contact with the receivers as they fall back into their zone scheme. Anyone left on the schedule that has a QB with a 7 step drop, decent arm, and decent O-Line could have the opportunity to torch the Hawk D-backs. Let's see a dominating defensive performance - shutout and less than 100 total yards for Ball State.

Ihonestly don't think this will be a good measure. I want to see Coker, but other than that wait until PSU to determine if we've made strides in ST.

We need Coker to get some carries. For that matter, I would like to see Rogers get some carries as well.

I don't want ARob to play at all. The others need the experience, and I don't want ARob hurt before Big Ten season.

Just think if we still had Brinson on the team, another ACL injury.

Yes I am paranoid. The Hawkeye RB curse is cyclical. It happens every 6-10 years and lasts about a season and a half. We need to get to mid-October to be in the clear...

Win and win comfortably. There's really nothing we can do to look impressive vs this team but we could look really bad if we don't show up.

Latest posts