What do we specifically need to see

I

Ian Pike Hammer

this year from last. Name one thing, offense or defense. I'll go first.
For a stretch last year, when JBo, and Nunge were both out, we struggled a bit scoring for several games when JW and CJ were both cold from the floor. I'd like to see 2 or even 3 scorers emerge off the bench.

this year from last. Name one thing, offense or defense. I'll go first.
For a stretch last year, when JBo, and Nunge were both out, we struggled a bit scoring for several games when JW and CJ were both cold from the floor. I'd like to see 2 or even 3 scorers emerge off the bench.
We need two bigs to step up and complement Garza and to give him a break. We
lost some size with Kriener graduating and Pemsl grad transferring. Nunge has to be chomping at the bit after losing most of two seasons and Ogundele has to be ready to go. Maybe the Murray's can help here so Nunge doesn't have to guard quicker wing players.

Fran being able to manage minutes. You are potentially talking about 10+ guys who could give you significant contributions. If Fran isn't smart about how he works it, there could be a problem.

Last edited:
I want to see Wieskamp take another step in his evolution. He was stronger with the ball and off the dribble, but he needs to start creating for others...and shooting like he can. He can be a dangerous player in so many facets of the game...it's time for him to take over games once in awhile.

We mostly just need better bench play. Leaving the freshmen out, we are basically replacing Kriener, Pemsl, Evelyn and Till with Bohannon, Nunge, and Pmac. Thats an enormous upgrade. Nunge had pretty much been ahead of Kriener in the rotation since the second he stepped foot on campus. Bohannon should be a huge upgrade over Evelyn. Pmac might not be an upgrade over freshman Pemsl (may very well be tho) but he should be a pretty significant upgrade over Pemsl last year, who unfortunately could just never get anything going, except for about a 5 minute stretch of one game.

I think if we could have just had those 3 players last year, we would have contended for a conference title. This year, Garza will be even better. Bohannon is healthy. CJ and Joe T have another year experience. Pmac put on a lot of weight. The only thing that can stop us this year is injuries and covid!

We mostly just need better bench play. Leaving the freshmen out, we are basically replacing Kriener, Pemsl, Evelyn and Till with Bohannon, Nunge, and Pmac. Thats an enormous upgrade. Nunge had pretty much been ahead of Kriener in the rotation since the second he stepped foot on campus. Bohannon should be a huge upgrade over Evelyn. Pmac might not be an upgrade over freshman Pemsl (may very well be tho) but he should be a pretty significant upgrade over Pemsl last year, who unfortunately could just never get anything going, except for about a 5 minute stretch of one game.

I think if we could have just had those 3 players last year, we would have contended for a conference title. This year, Garza will be even better. Bohannon is healthy. CJ and Joe T have another year experience. Pmac put on a lot of weight. The only thing that can stop us this year is injuries and covid!
I saw Pemsl hit a 3 pointer last year though!

Still, I'd say questions linger over the return of JBo & Nunge. Are they the same players as last year when they got hurt? Are they in bball shape? What is their mental and emotional state? Do they have confidence in their game still?

Still, I'd say questions linger over the return of JBo & Nunge. Are they the same players as last year when they got hurt? Are they in bball shape? What is their mental and emotional state? Do they have confidence in their game still?
I'm pretty sure Bohannon is healthier than he's been his entire career. Or since freshman year anyways. He's also been 100% cleared for quite awhile so I'm assuming he's good conditioning wise. And since Bohannon is about as confident as they come, he will probably be fine there too. Nunge on the other had could be behind, or he could never be the same. That injury was a tough one and he's only recently been cleared.

Latest posts