What do Iowa Corn, Iowa and ISU announce today?

What do Iowa Corn, Iowa and ISU announce regarding the Cy-Hawk trophy?

• They are keeping the current design.

Votes: 13 20.0%
  • They are keeping the current design, with modifications.

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • They are dumping the current design, are starting over.

Votes: 41 63.1%
  • Other (explain)

Votes: 4 6.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tweeterhawk

Iowa Corn and the two universities have a news conference scheduled for 2 p.m. today. What's your guess of what they do?

I want them to dump the trophy unveiled last week, but my bet is they keep the current design and make minor modifications.

Iowa Corn will announce the first socially engineered breakthrough in bringing together Iowa and Iowa State fans. Seriously, a unified cry resonating from the throats of Hawk and Cyclone fans marching arm in arm against this manufactured atrocity.

Truly a brilliant move.

Rodney King will be on hand and we'll find that he was the model for the farmer and the bended knee symbolized the question of "Why can't we all just get along?" It's art, man. ART! Art with a purpose.

And then they'll just say that they're bringing in co-sponsors from each city that fans of each can appreciate. Great Plains Sauce and Dough from Ames and the Hamburg Inn from Iowa City. A big 4 pound slice of cheesey pizza on one side, and a massive 3 pound pancake on the other. With a presidential candidate in between. What could be more Iowan than that?

Why couldn't they simply use the trophy as the overall trophy that goes to the winner of the Cy-Hawk SERIES, and create a more appropriate trophy for football?

Why couldn't they simply use the trophy as the overall trophy that goes to the winner of the Cy-Hawk SERIES, and create a more appropriate trophy for football?

I really hope it's a presser to announce they are dumping the trophy. I'm hoping for them to put out some choices for fans to vote on. I could also see them keeping the trophy since officials are there from both schools, maybe to show support. And... can they really make a quality trophy in 17 days??

I have a hard time believe they will scrap the trophy this close to the game. They probably wouldn't have one ready in time. My guess is the universities affirm their support of the trophy and state that they believe it represents 'the best of iowa' etc. They will say a lot of hard work went into this and both universities approved and like the design.

You know it's bad when it hits national sports news and the governor gives it a thumbs down. It's gotta go!

They will announce that the new trophy will be a combination of Nile Kinnick along with Jack Trice. Oh, and the precious moments one will be auctioned off with the proceeds going to some charity.

They're coming up with a new trophy that doesn't suck, and then either going to give the current trophy to the "corngrower of the year" or put it on Mindy Willamson's desk so she can look at it every day.

Since 4 of them were made you'd have to unload the other 3 as well (assuming one goes to the overall cy-hawk series winner). You could award them to different individuals or groups each year that represent the "best of Iowa" and tie it into the whole cy-hawk series thing. That way the trophies remain in use and they get some mileage out of them.....and they can go back to the drawing board for the football trophy. I think everyone would be ok not having a trophy that actually trades hands this year, in order to get one that everyone would be happy to display in the trophy case.

My guess is they will incorporate the family somewhere in the design, perhaps woodburned or etched onto a brass plate on the base of the trophy, while putting something more football focused on top.

Maybe they are announcing that Iowa Corn is backing out of their sponsorship deal. I'm willing to bet all this negativity wasn't something they were anticipating when they agreed to the deal. Its unlikely, but you can't count it out as a possibility.

I think you will see a new trophy for the FB game. This trophy will assigned to something else.

My guess is they will incorporate the family somewhere in the design, perhaps woodburned or etched onto a brass plate on the base of the trophy, while putting something more football focused on top.

That creepy family needs to be annihilated.

That boy looks like some inbred out of Deliverance.

deliverance_banjo_player.jpg

I think you will see a new trophy for the FB game. This trophy will assigned to something else.

It should be assigned to the biggest FAIL in the series.

For example, if some running back drops the ball without being touched (a la Ronnie Harmon) while going in for a score, he gets the Deliverance Family Of The Corn Trophy(TM)

Latest posts