What Classic BB Games would you like the BTN to replay?

nickhawk

1. Iowa's win over Kansas in Mr. Davis's last year that snapped KU's real long home win streak.

2. Iowa's win over Indiana in Mr. Davis's early years where we lit up Indiana for over 100 points.

3. Iowa's win over Indiana in the Big 10 Tourney where Recker hit the game winner as time expired.

4. Iowa's win over Texas in the opening round of the NCAA's where both teams scored over 90 points.

Any other games that Hawk fans would love to see over again?

Recker game winner. I have wanted to rewatch that for a loooonnnnngggg time but can't find a clip. If anyone knows where one is a link would be appreciated

1. Iowa @ Indiana, Acie heaves up a 3 thinking time was about to expire, misses badly but James Moses is there to tip it up and in.

2. Iowa vs Oklahoma in the Sweet 16, Hawks win on Kevin Gamble's HUGE 3...that game would be bittersweet though as Iowa vs UNLV in the Elite 8 would constantly be on my mind...

3. Iowa vs North Carolina at the Dean Dome...BJ, Roy, Ed H. and Co. did us proud.

4. Any game involving Iowa beating Bobby Knight.

iowa @ north carolina in 1989. iowa won 98-97

the game after the death of chris street vs. michigan

Last edited:
The first home game after Chris Street died. Man, that one gave me goosebumps. They've probably already shown it though... I never watch BTN unless a live Hawkeye game is on.

1. Iowa's Elite 8 victory over Georgetown in 1980 with Steve Waite's game winning basket!
2. Iowa two games versus Michigan State in 1978-79. Ronnie Lester vs. Magic Johnson.

Last edited:
The first home game after Chris Street died. Man, that one gave me goosebumps. They've probably already shown it though... I never watch BTN unless a live Hawkeye game is on.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yo5r68VHUKg"]YouTube- Part 1 - 1993 Michigan @ Iowa[/ame]

The rest of the game is on YouTube as well.

There is one game I have always wanted to see.

It was the game at Illinois when the Hawks came back from 20+ down in the second half to beat the Ilini. I had a meeting that night and have never seen the game.

All the games mentioned would be fun to watch again. I'd also like to see the infamous Jim Baines game again, just to get my blood boiling. He called that bs foul just so he could catch a flight to KC and ref the Big 8 Tourney. The guy should've been banned after that.

Lionhawk - I'm with you. That game in 86 in Champaign was the first game that came to mind. I watched it that night and haven't seen it since. Probably my favorite Hawkeye comeback against a highly ranked Illinois team. Still can't believe how stacked we were.

All great games. I just watched the games after Chris Street past again last week, but what I would really love is to see any game that he actually played in (with the Duke game...his last...being right at the top of that list).

Watching that Chris Street game on youtube is a reminder of how brutally difficult Carver could be to play in. Unreal.

Those Chris Street games are awesome memories of how the game should be enjoyed and played. Still give me goosebumps too. The comeback at MSU from almost 20 down in the second half was an unbeatable memory for me.

I think you can go to Hulu.com and find the Big Ten's Greatest Games on there. I know the week of CMS anniversary, it was on BTN (the Mich. St. game). Really brought back some memories...Val Barnes and Acie were tremendous down the stretch.

Some of my favorites have already been mentioned above, but a couple more that I think would be worthy:

#1 Iowa at #2 Purdue from 1987. I think this one was on ESPN with Dick Vitale calling the game. A big game that doesn't seem to get alot of mention. If I remember right, Iowa won that one with Roy Marble having to leave the game with a scratched eye..

Iowa vs. MSU from 1995 - This was the game where Andre Woolridge hit the baseline jumper to win it in the closing seconds.

The farthest I've seen Iowa make it is the Sweet 16 where they lost to UCONN in Davis' final year so I would love to see some of the old footage, where we were somewhat elite.

Some games that I remember that I wouldn't mind seeing again would be the comeback against Indiana at home in what I think was Alford's 2nd year. I remember watching that game and seeing us get destroyed, then we came back and won.

I'm trying to think of some more recent games that are "classic" worthy but I got nothing.

Latest posts