What are the chances the Penn St QBs look like All-Americans on Saturday?

HaydenHawk56

Since we have had the tendency in the past to make players look like All-Stars, will the Penn St QBs transform before our very eyes?

If Penn St were to beat Iowa, where will Penn St excel at?

Since we have had the tendency in the past to make players look like All-Stars, will the Penn St QBs transform before our very eyes?

with the exception of 2009, I agree with your concern. I'm glad that McGloin isn't particularly mobile as I think we can condense the pocket enough for him to be uncomfortable. If he has time, it won't matter how skilled our secondary is...

Valid concerns. I posted elsewhere that I am worried we'll make the QBs look like Heisman candidates and their RB a finalist for the Doak Walker.

I am concerned about Penn State's DL in particular. If Iowa's offense cannot control them, then its going to be a long day.

Not gonna happen. When you are playing 2 QB's this late in the year it just means you dont have 1 good one. PSU's offense is dreadful.

I have said this for months and I am not about to change it game week....we win by 10+ on Saturday.

Not gonna happen. When you are playing 2 QB's this late in the year it just means you dont have 1 good one. PSU's offense is dreadful.

I have said this for months and I am not about to change it game week....we win by 10+ on Saturday.

Wow, someone is drinking the kool-aid. I will be very surprised if we win this game.

After watching the Penn St. vs Indiana game, I'm not so worried about the QB's they have. For how badly we can match up against spread type teams, we seem to match up well against the Penn St. offense. They like to throw downfield, and don't take the dinks and dunks all day like a NW or other spread teams. This plays to Iowa's strengths.

The last 3 years passing stats look like this: 41/92 for 496 yards, 1TD and 5 INT. That includes 2 games from Daryll Clark (and Boldin last year). They have scored 3, 10, and 23 pts. in the last three years. While we are weaker this year on D, Penn St. is weaker offensively than they were 2 and 3 years ago. I think we will have every shot to win this game, and the Penn St. QB's most certainly won't look like All-Americans.

neither QB is particularly accurate, that is what has killed us the last few years. PSU hasn't had an accurate QB in quite awhile, hence we've had the upper hand. all that said, we'll still need to get some pressure, can't just wait for them to make mistakes.

I have a hard time believing that the penn st d will play well enough to stop us, they haven't been able to stop us with lesser offenses in the past. I agree with whoever posted about us winning by 10+, I think it might be more....

Damn this Kool aid is great cause WE OWN;PENN ST

I don't necessarily worry about their QB's. They are bad.

After having a couple of weeks to get things ironed out at the backside of the deep corner route, getting either Neilson healthy, or working Hitchens into more of a starting role, giving Alvis some more time to get over the really dumb experiment of sticking him inside, will change Iowa's pass defense significantly.

I am more worried about keeping our offense rolling with the time off. Would be nice to see Nolan and Brad back in the picture. Last time we had a similar bye it was 2008 and we went to Illinois and looked disjointed. After that week, the team went on a roll.

I think if we can weather the inevitable storm that occurs in the first quarter as Penn State's players will be all jacked with the crowd and revenge factor...we should be able to get our offense going, and i'm thinking it will be in the air. Based on how our running game has performed and the ability of the Penn State front seven, I think we need to put this game on JVB's back and let him throw early and often to get comfortable.

If all goes to plan, we open a can of whoopass in the running game in the second half of the game when they loosen up. The leash comes off Canzeri.

i'm more concerned about their running back than their quarterbacks. i'm actually hoping they play bolden a lot. that dude is just bad. watched some of the game saturday and he couldn't do a damn thing right. it was really pathetic. they would be smart to start mcgloin and keep him in the whole game. let him get some sort of feel for the game and just play, instead of having him come in for a series or 2 and go back to the sidelines.

i don't feel penn state will be able to get their offensive issues fixed by saturday. apparently i'm in the kool-aid crowd as i predict 34-17 as a final score

Why do people need to constantly tear down the team they claim to root for?

Because many of us have been around long enough to know this program too often plays down to its opponent's level. The worst thing for Iowa was to see PSU play flat and struggle to beat a really bad Indiana team.

I doubt Iowa will be overly confident going into the toughest venue in college football as a team that is 0-1 on the road against a mediocre team,and with a qb who has never won a road game in his career.
PSU is favored in this contest because the talent levels are similar and they have home field edge.

It will probably be a close game,with a 3 point win by whoever pulls it out.
PSU has a very good d-line,so our offense will probably stuggle.
Their offense has struggled so Iowa should be able to keep them in check.

McGloin is 5th in the league in passing,so he can burn us if he has time.
I rate the game as a tossup,and hope Iowa can win as the underdog,by one point,or more.

Latest posts