We're in an elite group

The fact that I have been ignoring the basketball program this year pretty much speaks for its self. No surprises on results thus far but next year should a growth of leaps and bounds season. If not we may be hearing from Beth.
Very sad. I have used my season ticket for all the home games, and did the TV gig for away contests. I have absolutely enjoyed watching this team and the potential for next season. Watching TP, Krikke, P. Mac, and Peyton is worth the price of admission. The effort, the teamwork, the leadership as they encourage the younger players, their playing time with its ups and downs, are a part of the reality that is this team.

If you cannot appreciate what has happened with Josh Dix, you are blind. Owen: Too bad you missed a whole season of his freshman year with 9 frosh of the week awards and counting. Beast! Pryce Sandfort plays really good defense. Dembele could be charged with assault under the basket. Brock Harding is well, Brock Harding. Do not give up on Dasonte.

Speaking of defense: Inconsistent, frustrating, but you should watch some of these guys individually. They are damn good and the second half if the WI game was an example of what they could be. I wonder how many blocked shots we have achieved the second half of the season? Perkins, Peyton, and Owen have had some astounding rejections.

Finally, (yeah. I know you are happy) what if PMac and TP return for a Covid year? And, I have quit worrying about NCAA, NIT, scoring drought, defensive or rebounding lapses and just have “taken it one game at a time.” It has been a lot of fun. Sorry you missed it. (This post is not directed toward you, BigD. Just to whomever)

The fact that I have been ignoring the basketball program this year pretty much speaks for its self. No surprises on results thus far but next year should a growth of leaps and bounds season. If not we may be hearing from Beth.
Indeed, it tells well your endless negativity shows you to be no Iowa fan. Maybe a basketball fan, just not an Iowa basketball fan.

Indeed, it tells well your endless negativity shows you to be no Iowa fan. Maybe a basketball fan, just not an Iowa basketball fan.

Well I don’t know who you are as you must be new to the seen. EVERYONE on here knows who I am and that I have been on this forum longer than most posters. Pretty much since this website was created.

It was just a couple of weeks ago I posted that it might be wise to leave Fran on board especially with a lot of attention (financially) being directed toward the football program and Fran is a solid coach for right now.

Beth is not blind to the empty seats and if that continues on into next season she is going to have to figure out something to improve that situation.

If I lived within driving distance I would have season tickets for me and my family as it’s a great family venue. I don’t know why the seats are so empty.

So the next time you want to run your mouth about things you don’t know what you are talking about, maybe you shouldn’t as you just made an ASS out of yourself which probably isn’t hard for you to do.

Very sad. I have used my season ticket for all the home games, and did the TV gig for away contests. I have absolutely enjoyed watching this team and the potential for next season. Watching TP, Krikke, P. Mac, and Peyton is worth the price of admission. The effort, the teamwork, the leadership as they encourage the younger players, their playing time with its ups and downs, are a part of the reality that is this team.

If you cannot appreciate what has happened with Josh Dix, you are blind. Owen: Too bad you missed a whole season of his freshman year with 9 frosh of the week awards and counting. Beast! Pryce Sandfort plays really good defense. Dembele could be charged with assault under the basket. Brock Harding is well, Brock Harding. Do not give up on Dasonte.

Speaking of defense: Inconsistent, frustrating, but you should watch some of these guys individually. They are damn good and the second half if the WI game was an example of what they could be. I wonder how many blocked shots we have achieved the second half of the season? Perkins, Peyton, and Owen have had some astounding rejections.

Finally, (yeah. I know you are happy) what if PMac and TP return for a Covid year? And, I have quit worrying about NCAA, NIT, scoring drought, defensive or rebounding lapses and just have “taken it one game at a time.” It has been a lot of fun. Sorry you missed it. (This post is not directed toward you, BigD. Just to whomever)

Thanks Huck. I have watched some of the games but what I meant is that I haven’t made comments on the game thread. I agree with your assessment and that why I think next year we will see leaps and bounds in improvement. I know you understood that’s where I was coming from.

Thanks Huck. I have watched some of the games but what I meant is that I haven’t made comments on the game thread. I agree with your assessment and that why I think next year we will see leaps and bounds in improvement. I know you understood that’s where I was coming from.
Appreciate you.

Xavier Johnson hasn't played since Dimbele raked him about three weeks ago and it's hurting Indiana. It would be nice to get another shot at them in the BTT.

If so we should be the higher seed. And there's nothing wrong about having an Eddie Horton type who makes players think twice about entering their neighborhood.

Well I don’t know who you are as you must be new to the seen. EVERYONE on here knows who I am and that I have been on this forum longer than most posters. Pretty much since this website was created.

It was just a couple of weeks ago I posted that it might be wise to leave Fran on board especially with a lot of attention (financially) being directed toward the football program and Fran is a solid coach for right now.

Beth is not blind to the empty seats and if that continues on into next season she is going to have to figure out something to improve that situation.

If I lived within driving distance I would have season tickets for me and my family as it’s a great family venue. I don’t know why the seats are so empty.

So the next time you want to run your mouth about things you don’t know what you are talking about, maybe you shouldn’t as you just made an ASS out of yourself which probably isn’t hard for you to do.
Your rage issues are certainly on display here. I do not know who you are although I know your posts. They are almost universally negative with some snarky shitty thing to say about other posters and the teams. You trash the coaches, the players, the potential coaches, the recruits, and everything else not WBB or Beth. Clearly you have some kind of psychosexual attraction to Goetz since she fired BF. Did that give you a little thrill you haven't had in decades, at least not without medication?​
The fact that I have been ignoring the basketball program this year pretty much speaks for its self.
You may have missed this earlier sentence-although you wrote it today, I think. Your proclamation of loyalty is not reconcilable with this sentence. If you were ignoring the program, why would you talk about Iowa MBB at all? If you are ignoring the basketball program, why would you have opined anything about F McC?

I rather think the ASS (put it in all caps like you, grade school style) is the guy saying snarky shitty things about Iowa MBB on an Iowa MBB thread-and about a great win at that, all while claiming to have ignored the program the entire season. That's so contradictory it sounds a little bipolar.​

Last edited:
So much for Fran fade mythology…
Geez! all dispelled huh. They are not done yet so let's see how it ends because part of the fade mythology is not doing well in post season. Second, they are 5-5 in the last ten. The Fran Fade is being .500 in the last 16 games or half of the season and not rounding into shape going into post season.

The Fran fade happens in March! :)

Look, there is no denying that Fran overperforms the conference schedule. Iowa is consistently in the top half of the league and always has at least a bye and sometimes double byes in the conference tourney. His resume is damn impressive until you examine what happens after the conference tourney.....

"is it time for Fran to move on?" - Iowa fans probably

Upper-half B1G finishes, 2013-present:
T-1) Iowa 10, Michigan State 10
3) Wisconsin 9
T-4) Michigan, Ohio State, Purdue 8

Geez! all dispelled huh. They are not done yet so let's see how it ends because part of the fade mythology is not doing well in post season. Second, they are 5-5 in the last ten. The Fran Fade is being .500 in the last 16 games or half of the season and not rounding into shape going into post season.
Define the Fran fade to suit your purposes. I have been around long enough that the myth begins to erupt in the last quarter of the BT season. Grows from there. And, all I did was take a shot after two quad 1 wins. You may want to look at the data on where Iowa finishes in the BT race over time. Oh. Never mind. It may make you look foolish.

The Fran fade happens in March! :)

Look, there is no denying that Fran overperforms the conference schedule. Iowa is consistently in the top half of the league and always has at least a bye and sometimes double byes in the conference tourney. His resume is damn impressive until you examine what happens after the conference tourney.....
Oh. Yet another definition of the fade to suit a narrative. You guys know how silly you sound?

Define the Fran fade to suit your purposes. I have been around long enough that the myth begins to erupt in the last quarter of the BT season. Grows from there. And, all I did was take a shot after two quad 1 wins. You may want to look at the data on where Iowa finishes in the BT race over time. Oh. Never mind. It may make you look foolish.
Never let the facts dispel the unending discontent a small group of fans have about every incumbent coach.

Last edited:
The Fran fade comes from two seasons where the hawks got ranked inside the top 10 and then finished the year really bad. One of those seasons his son got cancer. Anyone with a kid knows how bad that would hurt your focus. Other than those 2 years, the only fade there has been is losing the last game of the season. That's not a fade, it's one loss. The Fran fade is the biggest myth ever.