Wegher

bucksnducks

Look for one heck of a game from him on sat! Our o-line will open some huge holes, and with his speed, he will be gaining 5-10 a pop. 150+ yds for the game!

I go out on a limb and predict iowa's rushing totals for this weekend.

Wegher: 21 carries 115yds 2TDs
Paki: 12 Carries 67yds 1TD

I think Iowa really tries to establish the running game vs IU. Their secondary is pretty solid, so if we can get them sneaking up on the run, then Iowa will be able to use the Play action pass and really get them thinking!

Hawks 27
IU 13

Look for one heck of a game from him on sat! Our o-line will open some huge holes, and with his speed, he will be gaining 5-10 a pop. 150+ yds for the game!

I'm going to hold you to this. It's all on you if this doesn't happen.

You've been warned.

/shakes fist menacingly

Actually, I'm pretty sure it will. I really think this team is so determined, and we are at home, and Indiana is down. As well as we blocked on that last play last week, I think we will open up some nice holes.

Such a great story. Two freshmen taking care of the ball and helping this team so much. Sad to see ARob get hurt.

I think we will be ok as long as Iowa doesn't look past Indiana. The game that is sticking in my mind was Homecoming 2007 when favored Iowa got trounced by Indiana 38-20 inside Kinnick. I know we are a far better team this year, but we still need to execute. Our defense should be able to ensure we are on the winning end this week-end.

GO HAWKS!!

I go out on a limb and predict iowa's rushing totals for this weekend.

Wegher: 21 carries 115yds 2TDs
Paki: 12 Carries 67yds 1TD

I think Iowa really tries to establish the running game vs IU. Their secondary is pretty solid, so if we can get them sneaking up on the run, then Iowa will be able to use the Play action pass and really get them thinking!

Hawks 27
IU 13

I'm confused why you think their secondary is solid considering they give up more yards per game in the air than anyone else in the Big 10, however, I think your rushing stats are close to what it is going to be. Or at least I hope they are.

I predict that Indiana will play to stop the run (8-9 in the box) and try to make Iowa beat them thru the air just like many of our opponents have. This strategy has kept lesser teams in the game this season and kept games close. If the game is close, anything can happen as Indiana has offensive weapons.

I think the o-line will be opening nice holes and play very physical up front. wegher will spend alot of time dancing around in IU's secondary. wegher 22 for 177 2tds stanzi 19 for 26 234 2tds hawks win 34 14

I think we will be ok as long as Iowa doesn't look past Indiana. The game that is sticking in my mind was Homecoming 2007 when favored Iowa got trounced by Indiana 38-20 inside Kinnick. I know we are a far better team this year, but we still need to execute. Our defense should be able to ensure we are on the winning end this week-end.

GO HAWKS!!

I proposed to my now wife at that game! Wow that sucked. Fortunately DJK caught a long TD pass the play before the question popped up on the Jumbotron so the mood was good at that moment.
We got em back last year and a most of the '07 guys are still around to remember. I don't think they will look past Indiana for many years.
On Iowa, Go Hawks

I'm confused why you think their secondary is solid considering they give up more yards per game in the air than anyone else in the Big 10, however, I think your rushing stats are close to what it is going to be. Or at least I hope they are.

Their secondary is young and are giving up a lot of yards. But the reason they are giving up so many passing yards is because the Dline and LB are not getting enough pressure on the QB. Kafka last week spent about 5 or 6 seconds dropping back fro passes without any pressure. If Iowa can open the holes early and get the running game going, you will see Stanzi start to pick apart their secondary.

They have also gone against almost all Spread teams so far. I am sure our stats would look like that, if we had played all spread teams so far. IU is a good football program, Iowa will have to be ready on saturday. If we even give them the slightest chance to get a lead, we are in trouble! They are a tough stop on offense!

Lots of Black and Gold Kool Aid Drinkers on this thread.

First some facts about my statement:

Brandon Wegher played HS ball in my hometown I want the
best for him and the Hawks. I also understand he wasnt
our primary back.

Look at the stats for our last 4 B10 games (B10=reality)

Wegher 157yds on 32 carries 2.8 yds per carry! 1 TD.

I hope a few more reps will enhance his yds per carry too.

For those of you looking at HS stats ....the B10 may not may be the best conference in the US but this isnt highschool.
I know he'll give it his best...but take a little water with your Kool Aid.

On Iowa!!

I proposed to my now wife at that game! Wow that sucked. Fortunately DJK caught a long TD pass the play before the question popped up on the Jumbotron so the mood was good at that moment.
We got em back last year and a most of the '07 guys are still around to remember. I don't think they will look past Indiana for many years.
On Iowa, Go Hawks

So what sucked, proposing to your now wife or the game?

Latest posts