Wegher

Apparently he no longer had a scholarship.

According to Fred Mims, Wegher requested a transfer, and Iowa granted it.

He wants to go somewhere else to school and to likely play football, otherwise he wouldnt have requested a transfer.

Any possibility it's to move closer home? I remember during the whole Weghergate situation during the preseason, there was talk that his parents wanted him to move closer to home?

Unless he saw or heard something that he wouldn't be playing at Iowa, had he decided to stay, I think the need to move closer home may have been the driving factor?

Anyway, too much drama this season, and it seemed to distract away from what was supposed to be one of Iowa's best seasons in history of the program. Hopefully the team can pull themselves together and play some real football.

Coach Ferentz gave him the criteria to return to the team and part of it was that he pay his own way. Apparently he decided that wouldn't work for him, so he's moving on.

Any possibility it's to move closer home? I remember during the whole Weghergate situation during the preseason, there was talk that his parents wanted him to move closer to home?

Unless he saw or heard something that he wouldn't be playing at Iowa, had he decided to stay, I think the need to move closer home may have been the driving factor?

Anyway, too much drama this season, and it seemed to distract away from what was supposed to be one of Iowa's best seasons in history of the program. Hopefully the team can pull themselves together and play some real football.

If I remember correctly, his Dad said that he wanted him to stay at Iowa and work things out. I believe he said this in the Sioux City Journal.

Latest posts