Wegher

Anyone heard anything new? Someone at work mentioned they heard he might be coming back? No insider info, just curious. Probably the same old stuff we have been hearing since the rumors started flying about his departure from the team, several weeks prior to the start of Fall Practice.

I think everyone involved has moved on.

There's maybe a small chance he's back next year but I don't think anyone is holding their breath. Nor should they.

I think Brandon and Chuck Norris are going to tour the elementary schools of Iowa and talk about their platform for election in 2012.

Obviously, he doesn't want to be part of the Iowa football program.

Plus, I am not so sure the Iowa players want him to return.

Senior quarterback Ricky Stanzi when asked about Wegher said, “That’s a tough question.â€￾

“We’d see if he’d pass the conditioning test. I don’t know if he’s ready,â€￾ Stanzi said. “You can’t even stop and think about those things and worry about them. We just have to worry about the guys who have been here all through camp and who’ve been invested.â€￾

There was some chatter earlier on the pay boards regarding this but the post has since been deleted. I'm assuming it was nothing.

Obviously, he doesn't want to be part of the Iowa football program.

Plus, I am not so sure the Iowa players want him to return.

Senior quarterback Ricky Stanzi when asked about Wegher said, “That’s a tough question.â€

“We’d see if he’d pass the conditioning test. I don’t know if he’s ready,†Stanzi said. “You can’t even stop and think about those things and worry about them. We just have to worry about the guys who have been here all through camp and who’ve been invested.â€

That doesn't really mean the players resent him. He's not there, so they can't exactly prepare for Michigan like he is. Hope for the best, plan for the worst.

Anyone heard anything new? Someone at work mentioned they heard he might be coming back? No insider info, just curious. Probably the same old stuff we have been hearing since the rumors started flying about his departure from the team, several weeks prior to the start of Fall Practice.

I think Sam Brownlee would need to be hurt before Wegher is allowed back on the team this year.

Latest posts