Week-by-week fall FB preview.

NorfolkNeb

I'm already looking at week-to-week inseason for next fall. First two games at home. "Trap" game in Tuscon that our staff will NOT allow the team to fall into like when Drew Tate led us down there last time. It may sound funny, but I think the Ball State game is crucial. We MUST improve each of the first four weeks to greet PSU with our O and D firing on all cylinders. A 27-13 win against BSU could really bode badly for our Big-10 opener against joe pa's boys, the next week. 57-0 over BSU, with 500 yds offense could really set us up nicely for the nittnys. 13 days to prepare to go to Ann Arbor will be used effectively by our staff. Wisconsin being at home will be a plus. Road games at Indiana and Norwthwestern should be just what the doctor ordered in the way of getting into a 'workmanlike rythem' that a top-10 team needs to adopt in mid-season. Hosting the Buckeyes at home may be even a bigger deal than it was the last time we were the national game of the week against them in Kinnick, and we spit the bit (though we all have the screen saver of the crowd pre-kickoff on our pc's). For the first time in a long time, a Hawkeye fan may not be able to buy a cheap ticket to watch Iowa-Minny in the twin-cities. I would not be surprised if all the Gophers home games are sell-outs this season, by their home faithful. That new stadium is a beautiful college football arena. But, even if we have to watch it on tv, the weather outdoors, that week of the year, in Minnesota is brutal. With the most experienced defense in the nation (how many career starts will our D have among them by then? 225? I believe with steam coming out of every players facemask in that possibly sub-freezing atmosphere; our D-line will have frozen snot streaming from the faces of about a dozen Gophers-all-game-long. Especially if the result means choosing between WHICH of the six BCS games our Hawks go to.....including the most important BCS game...played the second week of January.

The Arizona game isn't a trap game. I don't know how it could be labeled as such. It's our toughest non-conference game, far from a trap game. Make no mistake, that will be a tough, tough game to win. I'm really looking forward to it.

Arizona is not a trap game. Iowa State at home is the trap game. They tend to bite us in the a** when it's least convenient for us, and the game being at home is a possible reason to get caught looking past it a little.

Arizona is not a trap game. Iowa State at home is the trap game. They tend to bite us in the a** when it's least convenient for us, and the game being at home is a possible reason to get caught looking past it a little.

The trap game is the Ball State game, as it falls in the same slot on the schedule as the Ark. St. game fell last year. Iowa had just come off that supergigantinormous win at Penn St., but had to play ASU before Michigan came to town, and it was fairly obvious to anyone watching that Iowa was looking ahead.

Iowa will be ready for Iowa State, and will make Arnaud miserable for a third year in a row.

Nope, never mind, I see the Ball State game is sandwiched between Penn State and Arizona.

Latest posts