Week 5 Betting Action

hawkfaninTX

Sorry for this tease, but later tonight i will be able to post my general listing of games. I've been terribly busy with my "9-5" job. Wish i could sit around and handicap all day!

Please start all of your discussions! My weekly contributions will be out shortly!

-chris

At first glance I'm liking
Baylor -3 (-130)
Wisco -9
ND -12.5

and even...

Iowa St +10 (-120)

Liking Bama but hoping that line comes down to -3. Should be a very close game.

T&T always bring on some Vegas insider dude:

He was saying the other morning that this year in college football there have been 15 lines that have moved more than 3 points since they initially came out in June. Of those 15 lines 11 have gone with the shift and 4 have gone against.

This weeks games that fit that:

I might be a half point or so off on these.

Nebraska (opened +2) currently +9
Auburn (opened +7) Currently +10
Mississippi state currently +8 (not sure what it opened at)

Just thought that was interesting.

I am only going to bet on 1 game this week. Give me what looks to be the most sure thing this week.

What about Indiana +16.5? Are they really that bad? Cuz I just don't think PSU is that good.

I would say this line is pretty close to where they will get equal action on both sides . Not sure I could take Indiana here playing on the road. I would lean towards PSU or look for a better game . Good Luck !

I would say this line is pretty close to where they will get equal action on both sides . Not sure I could take Indiana here playing on the road. I would lean towards PSU or look for a better game . Good Luck !

Indiana is at home, right???

Week #5 leans. (7-3 week 4)

Texas -9.5
N'Western +8
Purdue +12.5
Minnesota +19.5
Indiana +16
Kentucky +29.5 ( "look ahead" game by LSU- big win last week, florida next week)
Nebraska +9

Week #5 leans. (7-3 week 4)

Texas -9.5
N'Western +8
Purdue +12.5
Minnesota +19.5
Indiana +16
Kentucky +29.5 ( "look ahead" game by LSU- big win last week, florida next week)
Nebraska +9

I also like that Kentucky spread. Texas....I'd be nervous about them covering at Jack. ISU fans are pretty pumped about this one methinks.

That's the difference between "fans" and "handicappers". ISU could just as easily be 0-3 right now. I see this as a mismatch and a 14pt.+ win for Texas. JMO

That's the difference between "fans" and "handicappers". ISU could just as easily be 0-3 right now. I see this as a mismatch and a 14pt.+ win for Texas. JMO

This. ISU pulled off miracle plays against UNI and Iowa and then beat one of the most offensively challenged teams ever take the field in UCONN. If you throw 4 picks in the first qtr and win, your opponent has some issues.

Here are my ten favorite picks:
Utah State at BYU (-7.5)
Air Force at Navy (-3.5)
Northwestern (+10) at Illinois
Toledo at Temple (-8)
Texas Tech (-6.5) at Kansas
SMU at TCU (-13)
Baylor (-3.5) at Kansas State
Marshall (+11) at Louisville
Alabama (-4) at Florida
Nebraska (+10) at Wisconsin

Best Picks: