Wednesday's game is Fran's Pinstripe Bowl

SteveGarvey1

Kirk had heard how Iowa hadn't won a bowl game since 2010 and got it done. The Pinstripe win wasn't a great win or might not have even been a good win, but it was an adequate win, one that stopped the bleeding and got a positive vibe going again for the program.

Same deal for Fran. He's won 1 BTT game at Iowa and a win vs. Illinois tomorrow won't be a great or even good win but it might be adequate to stench the bleeding and create at least a more positive vibe for next season. Lose vs. the Illini and all the haters come out and this thing spirals out of control again with all the talk of the buyout, Buyout Barta etc.

Find a way Fran!

Kirk had heard how Iowa hadn't won a bowl game since 2010 and got it done. The Pinstripe win wasn't a great win or might not have even been a good win, but it was an adequate win, one that stopped the bleeding and got a positive vibe going again for the program.

Same deal for Fran. He's won 1 BTT game at Iowa and a win vs. Illinois tomorrow won't be a great or even good win but it might be adequate to stench the bleeding and create at least a more positive vibe for next season. Lose vs. the Illini and all the haters come out and this thing spirals out of control again with all the talk of the buyout, Buyout Barta etc.

Find a way Fran!

Find a way - but there isn't gonna be much other then win 5 in 5 that will stop the bleeding or stop the haters. I am right along with em. This season has been a joke. I am hopeful for next year, but that's it. Hope...which isn't much.

I wouldn't count a Wednesday win as much. While he has only won two games in the BTT, he's also never played on a Wednesday. So credit to him for keeping Iowa out of this crap-tastic round which hasn't even been played much in terms of BTT history. This is only the 4th year of this format (double bye for top 4 teams).

IMO Fran needs to win a Thursday game and make a Quarterfinal appearance which he hasn't done since 2012-2013 otherwise its another wasted trip to this tournament.

He has to win 2 games at least. 5 would be incredible.

Every B1G broadcast, I kept hearing how dangerous we are and how no one wants to play us. Well let us see this in action.

He has to win 2 games at least. 5 would be incredible.

Every B1G broadcast, I kept hearing how dangerous we are and how no one wants to play us. Well let us see this in action.

Why? Given the disparity in scores of some of the games, I wouldnt think we have the ingredients to put fear in the eyes of the opposition. Not trying to be negative here, but it has been one snoozer of a season.

Fran is in another post season tournament and still the fans complain...sigh...what will make some of you happy?
hahaha-good-one.jpg

Find a way - but there isn't gonna be much other then win 5 in 5 that will stop the bleeding or stop the haters. I am right along with em. This season has been a joke. I am hopeful for next year, but that's it. Hope...which isn't much.
It’s interesting you say that you are hopeful for next year but in another thread today you talked about how if we didn’t surround Cook with better talent it wouldn’t matter. What gives? Do you think we are going to get an impact transfer or something?

There are some who are so rigid that they only accept analogies if they are absolutely perfect.

Fair enough. But you have to admit... playing in the Big Ten tourney is a given. You're in even if you don't win a game all season...it takes ZERO accomplishment to get there. Everybody in the conference gets to go.

The pinstripe may not be the Rose Bowl, but you have to win and have a good season to get an invite.

Fair enough. But you have to admit... playing in the Big Ten tourney is a given. You're in even if you don't win a game all season...it takes ZERO accomplishment to get there. Everybody in the conference gets to go.

The pinstripe may not be the Rose Bowl, but you have to win and have a good season to get an invite.

No worries. I knew it wasn't a perfect analogy. Some similarities but not completely the same. Kirk really needed that post season win as does Fran was my main point.

No worries. I knew it wasn't a perfect analogy. Some similarities but not completely the same. Kirk really needed that post season win as does Fran was my main point.

I thought the whole point of the analogy was we need a win bad so it's good to play a horrible team? Seems like a pretty good analogy to me in that context. Now if you were comparing the skill level of Boston College and Illinois (you weren't ) it would have been a bad analogy. Figuring out the point of analogies isn't for everyone. :)

I thought the whole point of the analogy was we need a win bad so it's good to play a horrible team? Seems like a pretty good analogy to me in that context. Now if you were comparing the skill level of Boston College and Illinois (you weren't ) it would have been a bad analogy. Figuring out the point of analogies isn't for everyone. :)

some of us are also really bad at explaining analogies. **raises hand**