Weather Looks Nasty for Saturday Night

ShadasRevenge

Looking at the NOAA forecast, it looks like it might be the same kind of weather that Iowa had for the Penn State game. The high on Saturday isn't going to be above 50, and right now it calls for rain and or snow showers during the game, with temps dropping to just above freezing overnight.

Should this game turn into a fistfight like the PSU game did, I like Iowa's chances, and with MSU not having stability at QB, the secondary could have a big night like they did in Happy Valley.

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClic...2734375&site=grr&smap=1&marine=0&unit=0&lg=en

This is the exact reason I'd love to have some bowl games in the Northern half of the country. I'd love to see Texas, Alabama, Florida, etc. come up here and play when it's 30F and snowing.

Wishful thinking I know...but it's still amusing to think about.

I think this really helps iowa because a lot of michigan states offense is through the air. It was going to be hard enough for them to move the ball, now it will be even tougher.

I think this really helps iowa because a lot of michigan states offense is through the air. It was going to be hard enough for them to move the ball, now it will be even tougher.

Unfortunately, Iowa also depends on the passing attack, a deep passing attack ,to move the ball.

I do not like bad weather when we are the more talented team on the road. It evens out the talent gap. And bad weather tends to bring out the savage in the home fans. See Iowa vs PSU in 08.
I am hoping for dry conditions with little wind...cold we can deal with. I will never forget the rainy day in Columbus in 1985 when Iowa lost the ball all over the place and got upset by a mediocre OSU team to snap our streak at 7 straight.

Unfortunately, Iowa also depends on the passing attack, a deep passing attack ,to move the ball.

I do not like bad weather when we are the more talented team on the road. It evens out the talent gap. And bad weather tends to bring out the savage in the home fans. See Iowa vs PSU in 08.
I am hoping for dry conditions with little wind...cold we can deal with. I will never forget the rainy day in Columbus in 1985 when Iowa lost the ball all over the place and got upset by a mediocre OSU team to snap our streak at 7 straight.

The weather wasn't really bad for PSU last year...it was just cold. For PSU this year, it was ****** the whole game, and their crowd was out of it before halftime. Part of that had to do with the game, but you can't help but think that the folks in the stands were just as concerned about keeping dry/warm as they were about the game. I suspect that will be the case this weekend as well.

Who gives a damn how "savage" the fans are. They can't do anything on the field.

I've moved beyond the concern that this team is intimidated by people in the stands. Except for Clayborn getting stalked during a game. But that was at home. And creepy.

No, the Sparty "you suck Iowa!" will be met with "scoreboard." We hope.

Bad weather games play right into the hands of IA's defense. I always like our chances in bad weather games.

I live in Michigan. THis time of year, if the wind is from the west or northwest their is automatically a 30% chance of rain/snow because of Lake Michigan. WHen it gets up to a 50 percent chance then it means it might rain. SO it will probably be cold, but I doubt it will rain.

Latest posts