We won the timeout battle

bighawkeyedaddy

We had 3 left! Why use one to get Uthoff back in the game or to give your exhausted team a rest? Take em home with you Fran!

We had 3 left! Why use one to get Uthoff back in the game or to give your exhausted team a rest? Take em home with you Fran!
Yeah one would think Hawks could have used a time out during the last 8 minutes they couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.This is on Fran he's got to take a TO and set up something at least call one when Woodys tongue is on the court to give the team a blow. Once again Hawks sphincters tighten up in close games.

Fran McCaffrey is the simply a terrible personnel manager -- from scrypted rotations of entire platoons that completely disrupt the game flow to discombobulated substitutions that leave impotent combos of overmatched players on the floor far too long to complete failure to utilize timeouts to stem an opponent's run, reset his team's focus and give them a blow ... it's been rationalized away as "having no choice / no other options" but it's been a glaring flaw since day one.

Anyone remember when Wisky subbed in all their big boys and Fran kept the same guys in the second half. We looked like a high school team. Wagner on Hayes would have been a better match-up keeping JU out of foul trouble.

Anyone remember when Wisky subbed in all their big boys and Fran kept the same guys in the second half. We looked like a high school team. Wagner on Hayes would have been a better match-up keeping JU out of foul trouble.
Woodbury played an incredible game, but when I saw him matched up on Hayes, I had a strong feeling a 3 was coming soon.

God forbid he use one at the end of the first half for the last offensive possession with neither Jok or Uthoff on the floor. ******* stupid

Can someone decipher Fran's explanation for not taking a TO? Here's what he said at the presser:

Q. During that stretch when he picked up his fourth, you took him out, that was a long stretch without a break getting to the media time-out. Did you think about calling a time-out there?
Fran McCaffery: No. You know, I look at it like this: If we're running good offense, we were moving the ball and we were driving the ball, we were getting to the free-throw line, when you have a team that's tired, you want to drive the ball. Now, both teams might have been a little tired, but I thought we did a really good job in that stretch of getting to the line or at least getting to the point where we were going to be getting to the line regularly because I wanted to be in a situation where down the stretch we were going to be in the bonus, and then obviously the double bonus later.

To me this makes no sense. If they were doing a "really good job in that stretch of getting to the line" there would have been stoppages of play to sub Uthoff back in.

Can someone decipher Fran's explanation for not taking a TO? Here's what he said at the presser:

Q. During that stretch when he picked up his fourth, you took him out, that was a long stretch without a break getting to the media time-out. Did you think about calling a time-out there?
Fran McCaffery: No. You know, I look at it like this: If we're running good offense, we were moving the ball and we were driving the ball, we were getting to the free-throw line, when you have a team that's tired, you want to drive the ball. Now, both teams might have been a little tired, but I thought we did a really good job in that stretch of getting to the line or at least getting to the point where we were going to be getting to the line regularly because I wanted to be in a situation where down the stretch we were going to be in the bonus, and then obviously the double bonus later.

To me this makes no sense. If they were doing a "really good job in that stretch of getting to the line" there would have been stoppages of play to sub Uthoff back in.

His press conference after the game and this morning make me wonder what game he is watching

Thought he should have used a timeout to get Woodbury out of the game before he committed a bunch of silly fouls. It was obvious that he was gassed.

Latest posts