We Need Talent!!

tksirius

HN's Love Doctor
Folks it is truly amazing what Fran has been able to do with the lack of talent he has to work with. I think all 5 incoming recruits will have enough talent to knock down the lay ups and little baby jumpers and floaters. Try to have patience.

Folks it is truly amazing what Fran has been able to do with the lack of talent he has to work with. I think all 5 incoming recruits will have enough talent to knock down the lay ups and little baby jumpers and floaters. Try to have patience.

Please don't throw the current players under the bus.

Iowa shot almost 50% today. Yes we missed some open shots as well, but it was on the defensive side of the ball we had issues with today.

No they need guard talent. two guys are pretty much only perimeter shooters(Oglesby and Gatens) One is unable to shoot but can drive and pass and doesn't even know the meaning of the word defense (cartwright) one is a lanky athlete that can break you down off the dribble and get to the line but doesn't have enough quicks to guard most pg's in the league and is really Swingman (marble) and the other is just a guy wearing a jersey (may) that's why iowa can't make the jump to the top of the league. Between McCabe's post scoring and white's ability to clean up garbage they have the post scoring they need. They need a shot blocker like Archie who can also play offense which Devon can not.

No they need guard talent. two guys are pretty much only perimeter shooters(Oglesby and Gatens) One is unable to shoot but can drive and pass and doesn't even know the meaning of the word defense (cartwright) one is a lanky athlete that can break you down off the dribble and get to the line but doesn't have enough quicks to guard most pg's in the league and is really Swingman (marble) and the other is just a guy wearing a jersey (may) that's why iowa can't make the jump to the top of the league. Between McCabe's post scoring and white's ability to clean up garbage they have the post scoring they need. They need a shot blocker like Archie who can also play offense which Devon can not.

One of the biggest myths in college basketball is that Matt Gatens is a good three point shooter.

Losing to Nebraska this season is understandable. Next season Iowa will have way more talent and Nebraska losses 4 seniors (3 of their best players). Losing to Nebrska next season will be unacceptable!

A shortened roster. That's excuse number 96, a new one.

Maybe the just need confidence...

Shortened roster, they don't have all their allowed scholarships filled...pretty simple, have to take the program from the trainwreck it has been. Get a full roster and competition among scholarship players for playing time and more viable options when players don't perform.

Haha good point, change it to pretty much only a FT shooter in my post. Unless of course it's a close game.

You clearly haven't been paying attention to Gatens this year if you think FT shooting is all he brings to the table. Wow.

Maybe the just need confidence...

Shortened roster, they don't have all their allowed scholarships filled...pretty simple, have to take the program from the trainwreck it has been. Get a full roster and competition among scholarship players for playing time and more viable options when players don't perform.

no they need attitude adjustment,hire hulk hoagn for new bodyslamingstyle:D

I was mostly joking, except at minnesota he missed some critical crunch time free throws. But the poster who said he's not a great outside shooter is right too. He's around 34% on the year. Ok but not great. But I love Matt, he's my favorite hawk for sure. It used to be Basabe.... but he's not the same player he used to be....

I was mostly joking, except at minnesota he missed some critical crunch time free throws. But the poster who said he's not a great outside shooter is right too. He's around 34% on the year. Ok but not great. But I love Matt, he's my favorite hawk for sure. It used to be Basabe.... but he's not the same player he used to be....

He's never been anything special as a three-point shooter, though this year he has done a particularly good job of hitting the clutch threes. It's his drive/pull-up game, defense, and rebounding that have been taken up several notches this year. Not having to shoulder the burden of being THE primary scorer has definitely benefited him this year.

Latest posts