We are Back!.....Part 10

HaydenHawk56

Ok I will eat crow. TOTALLY did not see this coming. Totally expected us to get routed. Night and day from the Depaul game.

Texas tech hadnt really been tested this year, they were in similar position to Iowa was vs DePaul.

If Iowa can make three ball like that Iowa could exceed low expectations. I'm not really counting on it but that was fun to watch.

Wow, I did not envision this at all! What a win for the Hawks. If they play like this tomorrow they will win this tournament.

Lest we get ahead of ourselves...Texas Tech had a ton of wide open looks last night from three. They had built a brick house by halftime complete with a brick patio in the backyard and brick outdoor fireplace. I'm not trying to take anything away from the victory...but we have work to do there. It could be Fran was ok if anyone but Marreti beat us from three...but open looks nonetheless.

What I was impressed with is that Tech can disrupt you with their defense...and most of the time...we got very good shots. The other aspect was toughness...we didn't back down, and we kept battling for everything. I loved watching that game.

The other thing is that this Tech team is missing the key pieces off last year's team...they do not resemble anything like that team offensively.

Lest we get ahead of ourselves...Texas Tech had a ton of wide open looks last night from three. They had built a brick house by halftime complete with a brick patio in the backyard and brick outdoor fireplace. I'm not trying to take anything away from the victory...but we have work to do there. It could be Fran was ok if anyone but Marreti beat us from three...but open looks nonetheless.

What I was impressed with is that Tech can disrupt you with their defense...and most of the time...we got very good shots. The other aspect was toughness...we didn't back down, and we kept battling for everything. I loved watching that game.

The other thing is that this Tech team is missing the key pieces off last year's team...they do not resemble anything like that team offensively.

Most teams are going to get an open look in 30 seconds. The thing you have to do is make them work for them and not get comfortable. Sure they had some open looks over the course of the game. Every team gets them against every team for the most part. But our defense was disruptive enough to never let shooters get into a rhythm. That was the huge difference and that's about all you can ask for out of a defense.

A good quality win for sure. This was also the first time this season that a Hawkeye basketball game actually entertained me.

Iowa was helped by the fact that TT coudn't throw the ball in the ocean. And one more observation, I don't when the last time is that I saw a Hawkeye player with as much confidence as Luka Garza has right now!

Is it OK if I say he looked like King Kong last night?

Iowa was a fun team to watch. This was a very well played game by them. Got it to the scorers hands and let them score.

Bohannon dribbles way too much.

Fun team. I would like to see that team play DePaul.

A good quality win for sure. This was also the first time this season that a Hawkeye basketball game actually entertained me.

Iowa was helped by the fact that TT coudn't throw the ball in the ocean. And one more observation, I don't when the last time is that I saw a Hawkeye player with as much confidence as Luka Garza has right now!

Is it OK if I say he looked like King Kong last night?

Hes not black so it's ok lol.

Good game by the Hawks, big win. Let's see how they build on it. Tough stretch of games still ahead!

Latest posts