We are 16-4

StanziUSA

we are fine. I can’t believe all of these Hawkeye fans trashing the team on twitter because they got izzo’D like a lot of good college basketball teams have. But guess what, those same fans probably helped in the Michigan sellout; capitalism always wins (last part was a joke for you serious posters)

IMHO.... upcoming three game stretch of Minny,Michigan, Indiana will be the truth serum if this team is looking at being a 5-6 seed in the tournament.....or better.

If they fail this stretch, they can still pick off enough games to probably fall into that 7-9 seed range.

But, if they fail this stretch and fall apart against Northwestern and Rutgers...watch out.

Fran's teams ultimately seem to fall apart at some point, but I'm really interested in these next three games to see what this team is made out of.

Agreed let's go up to that stink hole in the Cities and blow those effers out.
Get back on track.

IMHO.... upcoming three game stretch of Minny,Michigan, Indiana will be the truth serum if this team is looking at being a 5-6 seed in the tournament.....or better.

If they fail this stretch, they can still pick off enough games to probably fall into that 7-9 seed range.

But, if they fail this stretch and fall apart against Northwestern and Rutgers...watch out.

Fran's teams ultimately seem to fall apart at some point, but I'm really interested in these next three games to see what this team is made out of.
Prediction?

16-4 to 16-14 soon enough. Team is done. Season over. Fighting for NIT at this point.

sorry, i just can't agree. there simply is no evidence to back your statement up. on a relative basis, we dominated msu for 30 minutes and had a 4 pnt lead at half. with 12 mins left in the game, we were still up by 8. the season is not over.

Minny and Indiana are very beatable even on the road. We just can't go into an ice cold shooting slump like we did against MSU. Fortunately neither of those teams has a Winston caliber player. Michigan at home will be tough but you never know.

Minny and Indiana are very beatable even on the road. We just can't go into an ice cold shooting slump like we did against MSU. Fortunately neither of those teams has a Winston caliber player. Michigan at home will be tough but you never know.

I was scared when Hawks shot so well against IL. THAT was a game to shoot poorly in, because we still probably win by 8-10. Then clank city against the best team in the conf. Yeesh.

Only 20-0 will do. I'm a true fan that expects more.

Sarcasm.........^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I'm very happy with where we are at right now. Had low expectations coming into the year after last year. Still wanted to see the tournament though. Good position to make that happen. I've enjoyed watching them this year.

16-4 is still pretty darn good. There are a few B1G teams that would trade records with us in a heartbeat. Next three games are winnable and would be happy coming outta this 4 game stretch with 2-2 results. That would put us at 18-5 overall and 7-5 in conference play. And I believe everyone here would think that is considerbly better than where we were last year.

The MSU game was an emotional ass kicker litmus test, dig down deep to beat the Rodents.

Time to show how tough you are emotionally.

The one that was flying off the rails. I understand crisitism and frustration but some people need to reel themselves in some.
Don’t listen to that stanzi. I bleed black and gold. No matter how much the Hawks piss me off I’ll never bet against them. Love it or leave it there’s only room for one Stanzi on this board and that’s this guy.

16-4 is still pretty darn good. There are a few B1G teams that would trade records with us in a heartbeat. Next three games are winnable and would be happy coming outta this 4 game stretch with 2-2 results. That would put us at 18-5 overall and 7-5 in conference play. And I believe everyone here would think that is considerbly better than where we were last year.

Just like in football, you have to look beyond the record. We haven’t beaten anyone of any real significance. Save the isu stuff. Their two best players didn’t play. The conference record tells us more about who we are but i look at the this game and the msu game, Wisconsin and this game where our defense has been shredded. Not a good sign and more of the past deficiencies. Those three games are the type you see in the dance and that is how things should be measured at p5 schools like iowa that dump the amount of resources into the product that we do. Just like in football, they just don’t get there in the end. But there certainly is no shortage of smoke n mirrors

Latest posts