Watching the BYU game

busabus114

Why are so many college coaches/teams so inept at managing the clock?

It didnt matter because BYU lucked out but at the end of the game they let the clock burn from 28 seconds to 15 seconds for no reason.

They should hire someone like me to sit in the press box and drink beer but be in charge of the clock mgmt at the end of games....I cant do a worse job than some of these guys

Why are so many college coaches/teams so inept at managing the clock?

It didnt matter because BYU lucked out but at the end of the game they let the clock burn from 28 seconds to 15 seconds for no reason.

They should hire someone like me to sit in the press box and drink beer but be in charge of the clock mgmt at the end of games....I cant do a worse job than some of these guys

I am sure you could do a worse job....

I am sure you could do a worse job....

It would be hard to do, even if trying to do worse. KF and staff have proved time and time again that big time college coaches **** their pants when the clock is ticking.

I'd gladly sit in the press box and drink beer and radio down the most common sense related calls when the clock is winding down.

Heck, last week before the half is a great example...sure the Hawks actually tried to score before the half...what NO ONE talked about was the fact that 7 seconds rolled off the clock after a first down past midfield...and we went into half with 2 timeouts. As soon as the completion as complete a TO should have been called saving the clock at 18 seconds instead of 11. What happens is Iowa runs out of time as they enter FG range with 2 timeouts in the bag.

Didn't cost us last week, but once again...horrid clock management.

Last edited:

Latest posts