Watching Jordan Spieth is just plain fun

uihawk82

It is so fun to watch someone who can pinpoint and drop the ball on the flag and make so many putts, chip it in or real close most of the time.

When he really gets his driver steady and lacing it down the middle most times he will be deadly.

As far as yesterday, Spieth said it perfectly (in interviews I saw) after his round that after # 9 he was at -7 and he knew that shooting just par on the back 9 would almost definitely win it so he stopped attacking.

He said he wasnt aggressive with his swing and on # 10 he left his drive short and right, left his 6 iron approach short and right in the bunker.

Same thing on 11 and 12.

So even the best of players and he is great can lose their concentration, lose their focus or play it too cautious. He said it will really hurt but I bet he learns to keep going after flags. As Nick Faldo said, when Spieth is a little tentative his miss is short and right most times.

I think he is amazing to watch the way he bounces back, wow, after being 6 over on 10-12 he birdies 13, just barely missies birdie at 14, lasers the flag at 15 and gets birdie and then is just a little unlucky at 16 where he lasers the flag but it doesnt check leaving him a tough 10 footer downhill when he might have had a tap in.

he was very close to birdieing 4 in a row again in the same round.

any time you are that age, and worth the millions he is, winning the tournaments he is, he is doing something right. sounds like he is an overall good guy as well.

I watched Speith all Week and he was having issues off the Tee and many times from Tee to Green, especially Saturday and it returned Sunday.. Was a Reason his swing coached called him after Saturday's round and said he was flying to Augusta. Speith's putter bailed him out all weekend, but it was his ball striking that really wasn't there and that eventually caught up with him. Augusta is a course where precision is key and Speith's miss was to the right almost all week. He a great guy but he has some things mechanical off right now..

I watched Speith all Week and he was having issues off the Tee and many times from Tee to Green, especially Saturday and it returned Sunday.. Was a Reason his swing coached called him after Saturday's round and said he was flying to Augusta. Speith's putter bailed him out all weekend, but it was his ball striking that really wasn't there and that eventually caught up with him. Augusta is a course where precision is key and Speith's miss was to the right almost all week. He a great guy but he has some things mechanical off right now..

Agree, his driver is his nemesis right now. He does come up off some irons leaving them short right but he also hits a lot of laser irons, and chips and putts great. His driver hurt him repeatedly and he will fix that.

Latest posts