Watch: Fran, Izzo, Iowa Players

Watch these two post game interviews! Fran’s sense of humor was fun. Good analysis, as well.

I am likely a loner on this, but I do admire Izzo. I only hate him when we play his team. He took responsibility. He referenced mistakes by players, but did not throw them under the bus. Nice analogy to the comeback against MSU by Iowa just after Chris Street’s tragic death. He met Chris’ parents today.

Also Izzo talked about our dominance on the boards in the second half. And, the points on second chances by Iowa, as well as points from assists.

So, thanks, Rob, for providing some really good stuff for us.

Do you think Fran is embarrassed by his own conduct on the floor at times? Maybe embarrassed is the wrong word, but maybe he doesn't want to amplify his on court antics?

Fran is such a cerebral guy off the court. I enjoy his pressers and his sideline chats with reporters more than just about any coach. He does just piss on the fans with dumb coach speak and meaningless platitudes (like a certain football coach I can think of), but he provides fans and media with meaningful and thoughtful analysis of the game of basketball. That stands in such stark contrast to Fran's "passion" on the court.

Look I know coaches tend to not talk about the refs for fear of a fine, but Fran never seems excited about questions about technicals and him being upset, and he wanted no part of discussing the epic staredown. I just wonder if he is sort of an out of body experience guy on the court. I personally love Fran's coaching style, but he is a coach with some "range" in his approach, so to speak.