VOTE: Do you Prefer Iowa's Last Game on Black Friday, or Saturday

Friday Or Saturday?

• Play it Friday (I AM a season ticket holder)

Votes: 33 27.3%
  • Play it Friday (I am NOT a season ticket holder

Votes: 46 38.0%
  • Play it Saturday (I am NOT a season ticket holder)

Votes: 22 18.2%
  • Play it Saturday (I AM a season ticket holder)

Votes: 20 16.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JonDMiller

Publisher/Founder
The coming year is the last certain year that Iowa will play on Black Friday. Who knows after that. What do you prefer? And also, are you a season ticket holder?

The coming year is the last certain year that Iowa will play on Black Friday. Who knows after that. What do you prefer? And also, are you a season ticket holder?

Looks like I'm the first season ticket holder to vote and I say, keep the Friday.

That leaves me the extra weekend day of recovery, not to mention, all day Saturday to watch some good football;)

If Iowa wants to be mentioned in the same breath as tradition rich programs like Oklahoma and Nebraska, we need a rivalry game like this where we get lots of exposure. Floyd of Rosedale is nice and all but most of us don't get that fired up for the Minnesota game. Iowa needs more heated rivalries, we just have to start winning this one!

Looks like I'm the first season ticket holder to vote and I say, keep the Friday.

That leaves me the extra weekend day of recovery, not to mention, all day Saturday to watch some good football;)
Right... get the loss out of the way early so we can enjoy the rest of the weekend. ;)

I do like the Friday game, though.

I'm a (student) season ticket holder, and I would rather it be on Saturday so then I could just go back to Iowa City that day haha.

I'm a season ticket holder, and I'm a little split because I had several friends who couldn't make it to the game this year because it was on Friday, but I think in the long run it's going to be a good thing for the program.

Not a season ticket holder and was excited when the Friday game was announced. I'm still just as excited because it puts the program in a national spotlight it rarely gets. I feel it can become a great tradition for the school and conference. It's also a perfect time to sit back and watch the Hawks on what's usually a relaxing day with nothing else to do.

If Iowa wants to be mentioned in the same breath as tradition rich programs like Oklahoma and Nebraska, we need a rivalry game like this where we get lots of exposure. Floyd of Rosedale is nice and all but most of us don't get that fired up for the Minnesota game. Iowa needs more heated rivalries, we just have to start winning this one!

Exactly where I'm at. Not a season ticket holder, but I say keep the game on Friday for the reasons above. Just got to win it sometimes!

You have the Cowboys & Lions every Thanksgiving, regardless of whether those teams are worth a darn or not. Why not have an Iowa/Nebraska tradition on Friday? I like it.

Not to derail the date discussion but I want to continue to have the last game on Black Friday and for it to be against Nebraska. I am seeing discussion that perhaps Iowa's season-ending opponent will revert to Minnesota. Iowa-Nebraska could become a better rivalry given time and Iowa getting competitive enough to significantly dominate Nebby a couple years.

Not to derail the date discussion but I want to continue to have the last game on Black Friday and for it to be against Nebraska. I am seeing discussion that perhaps Iowa's season-ending opponent will revert to Minnesota. Iowa-Nebraska could become a better rivalry given time and Iowa getting competitive enough to significantly dominate Nebby a couple years.

Agreed, I would FAR rather see this Black Friday game be played against Nebraska. Who gives a rip about Minnesota? A game against Nebraska would draw better viewership from those who are not Hawkeye/Gopher/Husker fans.

If the last game is going to be against Minnesota, then I guess I don't care if you play it on Saturday then.

Agreed, I would FAR rather see this Black Friday game be played against Nebraska. Who gives a rip about Minnesota? A game against Nebraska would draw better viewership from those who are not Hawkeye/Gopher/Husker fans.

If the last game is going to be against Minnesota, then I guess I don't care if you play it on Saturday then.

The conference looking to make Nebby's season-ending rivalry game Wisconsin makes me see red.

I'd rather see Iowa's last game a January bowl game. That said as a season ticket holder I actually like the game on Friday, but would appreciate nicer weather and a little less wind in the future.

Every Black Friday for a number of years, I have agreed to take my daughter and two grand daughters shopping... I am after the "father of the year award." Could not do it this year. Please, God, keep the game on Friday.

While I might personally lean slightly toward a Sat game, I think it would be a HUGE mistake to relinquish the exclusive national exposure that comes from playng the game Friday. As a season ticketholder I can make the sacrifice once every two years...and so can Gary & Kirk!

While I might personally lean slightly toward a Sat game, I think it would be a HUGE mistake to relinquish the exclusive national exposure that comes from playng the game Friday. As a season ticketholder I can make the sacrifice once every two years...and so can Gary & Kirk!

Personally, I'd prefer Saturday; However, if the case can be made that it provide 'significantly' more exposure, then keep it Friday.
It would be on National TV anyway, on Saturday (BTN, at the least)

I would prefer a Friday game against Minnesota. That way, we have an easier game and an extra day to prepare for the BoneG Championship game.

It's a nice change up leave it as is. We have enough "tradition" around here as is, we can at least change one thing.

It's a nice change up leave it as is. We have enough "tradition" around here as is, we can at least change one thing.

Uh, yeah. Er, wut?

Huh.gif