Vote DJK!!!!

Alabama fans are out in full force for these polls

I voted DJK!

Well, 'Bama fans and anyone who's objective, anyway. I voted DJK, but truthfully Julio Jones is by far the best WR in the country, followed by Broyles, Green, and Floyd.

Well, 'Bama fans and anyone who's objective, anyway. I voted DJK, but truthfully Julio Jones is by far the best WR in the country, followed by Broyles, Green, and Floyd.

Agreed. DJK belongs on that list, somewhere in the top 25, but in all honestly he may not even be the best on the Iowa team. Up to this point, DJK has been Iowa's #1, however i have a feeling that McNutt is in line for that #1 spot from here on.

I voted for DJK, too, but I think AJ Green is the best of this group. If he would have had anybody besides Joe Cox to throw to him last year he would have blown up bigtime. If Georgia can find a passer this year watch out.

I have a feeling this poll is a little less than scientific. ;) If Hawkeye fans hadn't spotted this, DJK would be getting zero votes. Don't get me wrong, he's one of Iowa's all-time greats at WR, but he has almost no national profile. Apparently Bucknut Nation hasn't noticed this yet; DeVier Posey has only 0.3% of the vote.

I'm surprised to see Niles Paul getting so many votes, unless Husker Nation is doing the same thing we are. Similar suspicions about Greg Childs from Arkansas. Not that these guys aren't good, just that it's hard to see anyone outside their fan bases seeing them as #1. (For the record, I voted DJK.)

now in 3rd...a distant 3rd.

kind of odd to see James Cleveland, Houston on the list.

Well whether you think he's really that good of a receiver or not, he did finish last year #8 in receiving yards, #6 in receptions, and tied for #4 in TD's. He certainly should be on the list.

Was the poll question "Who is the second best reciever on Iowa's team this year, until he gets bench a bunch of games for no discernable reason?"

Was the poll question "Who is the second best reciever on Iowa's team this year, until he gets bench a bunch of games for no discernable reason?"

Nobody ever said it, but I'm almost certain that DJK's downfield blocking was what got him benched at the start of the year. It was terrible in 2008, but we were fortunate to have Shonn Greene, who didn't need much blocking once he got to the secondary. But when DJK regained his starting spot, his blocking was lightyears better than it had been in 2008.

And he's still our #1 receiver, and Stanzi's favorite target.

DJK!!!!

But in all seriousness. Jones, Green and Floyd are probably the top 3. The WR class of 2008 might go down as the best of all time. Julio Jones, Michael Floyd, A.J. Green, Jonathan Baldwin, DeAndre Brown, Jeff Fuller, DeVier Posey, etc. So the guys that get drafted in 2011, class of 2008 and the seniors, will be a fully loaded class. If I were to take one guy it would probably be Jones, but I'm anxious to see how fast those receivers are.

Latest posts